X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your Dad lost your Mom last night..."

I just got a message from my SIL. She wrote,
    Your dad lost your mom last night..she was in the bedroom getting ready for bed then when he went to check on her she was gone..he searched everywhere for her and finally found her asleep in the backseat of the car...He was pretty upset.
    I read, "... Your dad lost your mom last night.." and pretty well freaked.

So, obviously not quite as bad as my initial reaction. Still, this is a new symptom in her progressive dementia. I don't see any way this can end well.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

This is actually very sad

a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaulTiberiusNads

Comment

Poor choice of words, mojo sent, man...
      GLUTEN FREE-DOLPHIN SAFE

Comment

been there.

When I was 23, I got a frantic cal from my dad saying my mom didn't know who he was. That was the beginning of an 11 year road to her eventual death, compliments of Alzheimers.

good luck man.

Comment

This is actually very sad

Yeah, it is. It's tearing my father apart.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

Poor choice of words, mojo sent, man...

Thanks. She's not famous for her judicious choice of words.
            -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

been there.

When I was 23, I got a frantic cal from my dad saying my mom didn't know who he was. That was the beginning of an 11 year road to her eventual death, compliments of Alzheimers.

good luck man.

I don't think there's a good way out of this. She's not going to get better.
              -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

sorry to hear isaac... nothing i can say will make things better but i do understand the harshness of that world... it isnt pretty... it leaves scars... i have a few scars myself and empathize with your situation... peace to your world my friend...
                poast something...

Comment

i send prayers for isaac42 and family

Comment

ouch. tough one man. i sincerely hope that there is more joy left than sadness. Do your best to make it that way in any small way you can. Also, if she is on any blood pressure or cholesterol medication take a look at the side effects. Some of the meds have a side effect that temporarily diminishes focus. Not that changing meds would suddenly make her all better, but it may help some, and any help at all would be a huge gift. My FIL is getting kinda 'spacey' and he switched meds and has improved some. Just a thought.

mojo to the pops, and to you and your Mom. That day will come for my Mom too I'm sure... it's in the family.
                    hi

Comment

mojo sent, isaac.
                      poast something else...

Comment

Thanks, doods. There's not much I can do. I live 200 miles away. Whenever I go to visit, she's all happy. She remembers who I am, if not always my name, or exactly which of her sons I am. I have two brothers who live in town, but, of course, they have their own lives. It's especially hard on my father. He's losing his wife, and she's still right there. She does still bring joy into our lives, and feels it herself, but there is an undercurrent now of her frustration at not being able to remember things, and our sadness at losing her, little by little.
                        -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

That's a drag, good luck working through it.

Comment

My mom is 85 and dad is 88. I'm surprised they made it this far. Soon there will be sad times in my life.

Talking about their impending demise makes me feel (somewhat) better.
                            So many guitars, so little time

Comment

Yeah, talking helps a bit. My wife's father died last year. He was the first, but the others probably won't be around all that much longer.
                              -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
                              X