Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I just built!

It's an 0-6-0 tank loco that would have worked around Belfast docks in the 1940s. One of the guys down at the club gave me an old Hornby chassis with its motor and another guy gave me an old LMS loco body that was surplus to requirements. I managed to get them together and gave the result a coat of paint; further painting, detailing and weathering will come later. I think it's not bad for something that cost nothing:

"Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

Very nice...you might invite the Pope over to help ya finish up

Comment

toottoot
      the world is your crabstick

Comment

That's gotta be a soul-soothing hobby, BP. Good work.
        Let that boy boogie woogie. It in him, an' it got to come out.

Comment

does it go woo woo?
          http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

=========+=========+=========+=========+========+= =====
            Originally Posted by braif

We need a multi-linqual international special STFU liaison officer around here

Comment

Can I use it to smoke weed out of?

Comment

Neil Young would be proud
                ┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

Comment

busy hands = happy hands
                  nice choo choo

Comment

I could try and fit a DCC sound module in it but there's not much space. I had to cut away all the nice backhead detail to fit the slightly huge motor. Converting it to digital would cost about
                    "Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

Comment

I cleaned out my spare bedroom and put a work table in there so I can get back into models this winter.

I have the Thames barge to finish and a airfix cutty sark to start.
                      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Comment

My Pops brother used to be big into model trains. He had a really nice setup on a ping pong table in the basement that we used to play with when I was a kid.

Fond memories of a simpler time.

Comment

I cleaned out my spare bedroom and put a work table in there so I can get back into models this winter.

I have the Thames barge to finish and a airfix cutty sark to start.

Um...do you even want to get laid?
                          Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

getting laid can create problemo and

Comment

I have a huge H.O. slot car setup that I don't have room to put up. Might be fun when the grandsons get older.

Comment

Working...
                              X