Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are you voting for?

Who gets your vote and why. There is one catch, you may not mention the other guy or his policies.

Me: Obama

Why: Affordable Care Act- already helping my family (both wife and I have pre-existing conditions, 26-year old son was able to go on our insurance as he changed jobs and had to wait until his new insurance went into effect)

Reinvestment and Recovery act-fixed roads and bridges I use every day, plus we got a little more back at tax time.

Jobs- put together a great job recovery bill that was stalled by the tea partiers (and their "no new taxes" pledge to Norquist) that would have added tons of jobs, only to have the multi-millionaires paying a little more.

Foreign policy- doing great, got Bin Laden, not jumping into wars, only regret is we still have Guantanamo (only promise not kept).

Economy-still too many unemployed, but it's steady growth despite Republican opposition to all things Obama, recovery IS happening, no one can say otherwise.
    sound clips:

http://www.youtube.com/rdrummer322

http://www.aclu.org/blog/tag/ndaa

not for your communist choice

Comment

I'm in MA, which tends to vote the democratic ticket anyway, but while I'm at the poles kicking Scott Brown's ass to the curb, and voting YES on questions 1, 2 and 3, I will vote for Obama.

I dislike Romney a lot.

Although these are very hardtimes, Mitt's kind of a weasel dick, and Paul Ryan is even worse. I don't think he is really looking out for peeps like me and my wife at all.

I watched all the debates too.

Mitt has a philosophy that they can privatize almost anything and do it better. He's a flip floppier too.

I feel bad for many folks and folks with out jobs or that are looking for day gigs. My wife was out of work in 2009 for close to a year. I think she could have milked it for two back they, but she is a hard working gal and wanted nothing more than to get back in the work force. I told her to go back to school.

The national deficit does concern me, but we have had a deficit for 236 years, but no where as big as it is now.
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Never registered.....never will....in this country.

Comment

im voting for moar kinky sex...

for obvious reasons...
          poast something...

Comment

Obama and all down ticket Dem choices.

Comment

does it really matter?

I still contend that any time two wolves and a sheep are voting on whats for dinner, the sheep ALWAYS loses...

believe what you will, though... that at least is amusing...

poast something...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                View Post

I'm in MA, which tends to vote the democratic ticket anyway, but while I'm at the poles kicking Scott Brown's ass to the curb, and voting YES on questions 1, 2 and 3, I will vote for Obama.

I dislike Romney a lot.

Although these are very hardtimes, Mitt's kind of a weasel dick, and Paul Ryan is even worse. I don't think he is really looking out for peeps like me and my wife at all.

I watched all the debates too.

Mitt has a philosophy that they can privatize almost anything and do it better. He's a flip floppier too.

I feel bad for many folks and folks with out jobs or that are looking for day gigs. My wife was out of work in 2009 for close to a year. I think she could have milked it for two back they, but she is a hard working gal and wanted nothing more than to get back in the work force. I told her to go back to school.

The national deficit does concern me, but we have had a deficit for 236 years, but no where as big as it is now.

Mikeo, I like your pick, but you are breaking the rules so it doesn't count. Can't mention "the other guy".

nice keetee-because you aren't very smart..you've made that really clear.
                sound clips:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zendog54
                  View Post

Obama and all down ticket Dem choices.

Same here. If politics was college football the Republicans would be barred from conference play for all the dirty, cheating things they do.

Now Tagg Romney owns the voting machines in Ohio. WTF?

*edit* I looked up the above and though the truth is not as simple as the statement above, it's still pretty worrisome.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2006697.html

Terry D.
                  Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

As I do every year for the greater good, (dramatic pause)

and for when the revolution comes and ballots are looked over to see who is disposable and who should lead this wreckage of humanity back into the cesspool of consumer driven madness God weeps over..(another dramatic pause right in here)

They will see exactly as I tell it today

I write in SBF3000

:graf:
                    teh *4L* band

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by rdrummer322
                      View Post

Mikeo, I like your pick, but you are breaking the rules so it doesn't count. Can't mention "the other guy".

nice keetee-because you aren't very smart..you've made that really clear.

lol @ moron citing "roolz"
                      poast something...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Voltan
                        View Post

lol @ moron citing "roolz"

Did I not give the rules in the opening post? Did your 8th grade teacher not teach you what it means to follow them (or teach you how to spell)? Let's amend this thread for only those old enough to vote please.
                        sound clips:

Comment

Romney. Obama has been a do-nothing that pulled the wool over his own constituents and sold them out to the Insurance corporations. But boy did he empower the IRS!

Why: Affordable Care Act- already helping my family (both wife and I have pre-existing conditions,

That's pretty amazing since that doesn't go in effect until 2014:

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/index.html
                          No longer Banned by the Geezer Gear Forum for liking pubic hair on women.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by rdrummer322
                            View Post

Did I not give the rules in the opening post? Did your 8th grade teacher not teach you what it means to follow them (or teach you how to spell)? Let's amend this thread for only those old enough to vote please.

Voltan is plenty old enough to vote, but I think you'll find that OJ doesn't have a lot of respect for rules.
                            "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                            -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                            -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                            -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                            -- Theodore White

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred
                              View Post

Romney. Obama has been a do-nothing that pulled the wool over his own constituents and sold them out to the Insurance corporations. But boy did he empower the IRS!

That's pretty amazing since that doesn't go in effect until 2014:

Read your own link-went into effect Sept. 23, 2010. Also, once again, breaking rules, an Obama supporter may not mention Romney, a Romney supporter may not mention Obama. Disqualified.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/index.html

Read your own link-went into effect Sept. 23, 2010. Also, once again, breaking rules, an Obama supporter may not mention Romney, a Romney supporter may not mention Obama. Disqualified.
                              sound clips:

Comment

Working...
                              X