Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here know anything about mastering?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here know anything about mastering?

I need some mastering advice. I finished mixing and now I've mastered this using T-racks, but I only used that because I had a copy from my MF days and it was easy, but it still sounds a bit thin.

http://soundcloud.com/steve-robertso...ring-attempt-1
    Even the slight ability to change oneself is more valuable than any power over the external universe.
    My music
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gary Johnson 2012

many will say send it out, let someone with all the gear do it...if you have the $

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nice keetee
      View Post

many will say send it out, let someone with all the gear do it...if you have the $

I do not have the $$$
      Even the slight ability to change oneself is more valuable than any power over the external universe.
      My music
      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
      - Thomas Jefferson
      Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

...and some will say that mastering the $#&% out of your songs will ruin them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
          View Post

...and some will say that mastering the $#&% out of your songs will ruin them.

Yes. I'm getting to that point.
          My music
          - Thomas Jefferson
          Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

...and I just listened to it - whoever EQ'd the bass and kick should have a stern "talking to" IMO. It is supposed to sound like metal, right?

Comment

View Post

...and I just listened to it - whoever EQ'd the bass and kick should have a stern "talking to" IMO. It is supposed to sound like metal, right?

is that poor turtle still balanced on that post?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nice keetee
                View Post

is that poor turtle still balanced on that post?

Yah, when the flood waters receded there he was .

Comment

View Post

I had it EQ'd and the drummer came in and ****************ed with all of my settings to how he wanted it. We argued bout it until 2 in the ****************ing morning and I just gave in and let him have his way.
                  My music
                  - Thomas Jefferson
                  Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

Tell him I said it makes his kick sound castrated - it would be great for elevator music though . And the bass sounds like a gut bucket when it should sound like a big-arse chainsaw with a broken muffler .

Comment

View Post

Tell him I said it makes his kick sound castrated - it would be great for elevator music though

It has no bottom end. No punch. I'm working on that now. Any specific frequencies I should boost?
                      My music
                      - Thomas Jefferson
                      Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

Punch is somewhere between 80 and 100 Hz. You also need some "click" to make it sound metal, around 4khz or so. Try pulling out some of the mud around 350hz.

Comment

View Post

Punch is somewhere between 80 and 100 Hz. You also need some "click" to make it sound metal, around 4khz or so. Try pulling out some of the mud around 350hz.

On it. Thank you.
                          My music
                          - Thomas Jefferson
                          Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shreddersteve
                            View Post

It has no bottom end. No punch. I'm working on that now. Any specific frequencies I should boost?

Are you mixing with speakers, cans, or reference monitors?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tele Vision
                              View Post

Are you mixing with speakers, cans, or reference monitors?

I only have sony MDR-7506 headphones
                              My music
                              - Thomas Jefferson
                              Gary Johnson 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X