Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread

Ok..after my being poor story

Comment

• And the definition of "close enough to walk to" is different to everyone. I live in a fairly bucolic county setting, we have lots of folks earning minimum wage around here, it's probably the second wealthiest county in VA and has a very low crime rate. Most of those jobs are for immigrants doing short term farm labor and high school students. I'm sure the turn over rate is very high, but it isn't as if all the minimum wage jobs are in some dystopian hell hole.

Not all but maybe most. It must be great to have it so good. But I realize you worked your entire life to earn it and therefore deserve it. A lot of people work their entire lives to and end up with nothing. I'm glad you and I TIP were fortunate.
      Check out my music at CDBABY!

Casey Just and the PsykoPhoniks

The Just

My SoundClick Page

"Sounds like music for the gathering information part of a heist by a gang of London sophisticate robbers.

I'd rob London banks to that music." ~ El Cruncho

Comment

• People dont wanna work at life...they want it all ready to go. If they can find that god bless but thats not how things usually go. I think today alot of people complain about things we use to just figure was the way it was. I know one thing...one of the greatest incentives I ever had to better myself was living in the bungalos. I remember the poor folks gathering around a dented old Caddy and congradulating the guy on what a great car he just bought. I kept my mouth shut but looked at it and thought I gotta get outta here. I have nothing against poor folks...some were very nice and giving...I just didnt want to stay that poor.

I grew up poor and realized the system wasn't there to help me but to keep me poor. I worked my way out of that situation by a very considerable margin. I don't look down on the poor or misfortunate. Some of my peers that ended up where I am today do look down on the poor an misfortunate. I think it might be some type of self shame or loathing.

The Just

My SoundClick Page

"Sounds like music for the gathering information part of a heist by a gang of London sophisticate robbers.

Comment

• I had to walk to school uphill both ways as a kid.........

Comment

I was chased by a dog on the way home!

Comment

• Back in my day bread cost a nickel and a handjob could be bought on the corner for ten cents. People werent afraid to roll up there sleeves and get dirty. Back in my day.

Comment

• I was chased by a dog on the way home!

Comment

• My mom would send me to the store with a quarter...told me get 2 packs of smokes..a quart of milk and a box of tampons and she wanted change!

Comment

• A lot of people work their entire lives to and end up with nothing.

That is true for those making minimum wage and those making a 100k a year. There are no guarantees in life. Sometimes it is from bad decisions people make in life...sometimes it is situations beyond anyones control.

Comment

I actually got to ride my horse to school once. I got in trouble for it.

The Just

My SoundClick Page

Comment

• I tried to ride the dog..thats why it chased me

Comment

• Oh come on now dude, i'm not saying people that do unskilled labor are scum bags. I'm saying no one should expect to have a decent life working that kind of job.

A person would be better of working at Walmart.

So youre saying that poor people willing to do heavy and dangerous, but simple, jobs still deserve minimum wage?

Comment

• That is true for those making minimum wage and those making a 100k a year. There are no guarantees in life. Sometimes it is from bad decisions people make in life...sometimes it is situations beyond anyones control.

Yeah that was my point.

Hey TIP, "You didn't build that!"

The Just

My SoundClick Page

Comment

• Comment

• So youre saying that poor people willing to do heavy and dangerous, but simple, jobs still deserve minimum wage?

Yes that is what he's saying. You must have been to busy wiping you ass with the good two-ply toilet paper at your private high school instead of paying attention in reading comprehension class!

The Just

My SoundClick Page

Comment

Working...
                                X