Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fire Lighting In Your Genes?

I've always thought, through out time, there were fire builders and non fire builders. Hundreds of years ago, that was a job.

I really thing fire building abilities are a genetic advantage. I think I have it.

Bic lighters, along with camera ready spark stuff

Comment

Pretty sure fire lighting was routine hundreds of years ago. People don't really seem to have a major problem with it in the Bronze Age.

Probably have to go back around 50,000 years to find a time when fire lighting was regarded as a career.
      Carpe ventum

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by planteater
        View Post

Pretty sure fire lighting was routine hundreds of years ago. People don't really seem to have a major problem with it in the Bronze Age.

Probably have to go back around 50,000 years to find a time when fire lighting was regarded as a career.

I don't think so. There have always been people that had a job doing fire. Even cowboys. Joe Bob would rope steer and then go to his other job, the fire

The fire had to always keep going. You couldn't just light another one

Comment

There's fire lighters and by the fire sitters. The sitters complain because they get less pay.
          No longer Banned by the Geezer Gear Forum for liking pubic hair on women.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedtone
            View Post

I don't think so. There have always been people that had a job doing fire. Even cowboys. Joe Bob would rope steer and then go to his other job, the fire

The fire had to always keep going. You couldn't just light another one

Holy ****************ing hell....
            This is not the so-called Warbleshinny mastadon. over

Comment

The pay for fire lighter dropped considerably with the advent of matches. Damn rich match corporations!

Comment

I'm well known for my awesome campfire building.

It's a fine art.
                “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                -Rachel Carson-

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by unclefred
                  View Post

The pay for fire lighter dropped considerably with the advent of matches. Damn rich match corporations!

Not if you found employment amoung one of 5 particular families!

Comment

“One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                    -Rachel Carson-

Comment

Yes and there are rules. Don't **************** with my fire. Don't rearrange the wood or add more. Don't poke it with a stick. Don't **************** with my fire.

I have a nice fire pit in my back yard.
                      http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

Yes. Learned how to make a fire at 6. Like a real fire, from scratch pretty much. Well, save some flint that was kept with my father's knife.
                        If you smile at me I will understand because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by spacecommando
                          View Post

Yes and there are rules. Don't **************** with my fire. Don't rearrange the wood or add more. Don't poke it with a stick. Don't **************** with my fire.

I have a nice fire pit in my back yard.

Yes to those rules.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKdtuwTr-iM
                            Let that boy boogie woogie. It in him, an' it got to come out.

Comment

combustion

container

cordage

cover

cutting tool

Comment

Working...
                              X