Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 Supra Twin Turbo Coupe For CDN$3500. Good Idea?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Supra Twin Turbo Coupe For CDN$3500. Good Idea?

I emailed the guy last night saying I'm interested. I was a bit drunk. Nevertheless, good buy or what?

any time you can get rid of loonies your doing well...
    Crusty Member

Comment

Invalid.
      This is not the so-called Warbleshinny mastadon. over

Comment

Thanks ever so much.

Comment

always glad to be at your cervix...
          Crusty Member

Comment

No! I had a 1990 and actually it was not bad. Little ****************er halled ass. It just depends on the condition and how much work it might need. I traded mine in when I bought my first F-150. So outdated though now.

Comment

I remember when those were new and I always loved them. Good performance and of course, good reliability

Comment

That's what I thought: Toyota reliability plus a couple of turbos. I may still pull the trigger on this car - it looks to be in great shape. It's RHD, as well. Neat.

Comment

Go for what you know.

Comment

Almost indestructible engine usually - even if they did something relatively stupid to it like mapping the ECU improperly. However there's a lot of sane tunings you can put in a Supra and still have a wild car. Find out which engine it has - there is a 1JZ-GTE and a 1G-GTE. The 1JZ is legendary for strength and longevity. If it has a sunroof, see if it is a Turbo-R, they're rare.

At this point you need to think about long-cycle service items - suspension bushings and stuff that wears out over 200,000 km life. But there is a whole Supra universe of aftermarket out there. You could keep it running another 20 years, depending on how much you are willing to devote to it.

A lot of people think the 90s Supras, Silvias and Acuras look dated. I like to think they're iconic, but I'm a heretic and like weird ****************.
                    Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
                    I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

Working...
                    X