No announcement yet.

Thought of the day.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought of the day.

How did we ever get from the creativity of the beat poets to the lame ass productiveity of air headed brittney spears generation ?
    I'm not in here with you. Your in here with me.

Hit me Baby 1 more time
    My HC Classified Thread

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewilde
      View Post

How did we ever get from the creativity of the beat poets to the lame ass productiveity of air headed brittney spears generation ?

Most people find it painful to think and would rather just relax and be entertained.

Terry D.
      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Are we now so low into cultural entropy that we look back glowingly at the Beats as the towering hallmark of poetry and creativity? **************** we are doomed.
        This is not the so-called Warbleshinny mastadon. over

Comment

Thought of the day

Who tastes dog food when it has a new & improved flavour ?
          My HC Classified Thread

Comment

Thought of the day

The things that come to those who wait maybe the things left by those who got there first.
            My HC Classified Thread

Comment

I can give you an idea...when i was young a genius was someone who had remarkable mental abilities. Someone who could do complex math in thier head. Someone who could recall entire books at any moment. Things like that. Somewhere along the line if a kid drew a picture with the sun in the sky...parents and teachers marveled at this and said things like ...what a genius..a child of five knew where to put the sun in that picture. By and large weve dumbed it down to make each person special in some way so to be fair and not treat those that are really special....better somehow. The quest for the so called even playing field has been with us much longer than many want to admit....and it hurts us in so many ways.

Comment

wut
                =========+=========+=========+=========+========+= =====
                Originally Posted by braif

We need a multi-linqual international special STFU liaison officer around here

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
                  View Post

I can give you an idea...when i was young a genius was someone who had remarkable mental abilities. Someone who could do complex math in thier head. Someone who could recall entire books at any moment. Things like that. Somewhere along the line if a kid drew a picture with the sun in the sky...parents and teachers marveled at this and said things like ...what a genius..a child of five knew where to put the sun in that picture. By and large weve dumbed it down to make each person special in some way so to be fair and not treat those that are really special....better somehow. The quest for the so called even playing field has been with us much longer than many want to admit....and it hurts us in so many ways.

For someone who seems to have trouble with written English, you spend a lot of time criticizing the mental fortitude of others.

Vapid pop stars have always existed, and always will exist. Society is not becoming stupid, it's always been stupid, and there has always been the deeper thinking minority.
                  (Everybody knows this is nowhere)

Comment

I've never beaten a poet.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
                      View Post

I can give you an idea...when i was young a genius was someone who had remarkable mental abilities. Someone who could do complex math in thier head. Someone who could recall entire books at any moment. Things like that. Somewhere along the line if a kid drew a picture with the sun in the sky...parents and teachers marveled at this and said things like ...what a genius..a child of five knew where to put the sun in that picture.

My friends kid was put into a group called 'gifted and talented' when she started secondary school for her artwork, honestly though her talent was mediocre at best... lots of 11 year old girls can draw houses and unicorns and will never receive any commendation for it.

We make kids do all this You're a special snowflake crap now, I don't think its such a good idea.
                      )o(

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by d0zerz
                        View Post

For someone who seems to have trouble with written English, you spend a lot of time criticizing the mental fortitude of others.

Vapid pop stars have always existed, and always will exist. Society is not becoming stupid, it's always been stupid, and there has always been the deeper thinking minority.

Funny..you figured out what I meant only to bastardize it for your own means. I suppose I do well enough in a world of stupid.

Comment

He wears a bra and jumps over fires. Genius!
                          No longer Banned by the Geezer Gear Forum for liking pubic hair on women.

Comment

Let me Stand Next to your Fire
                            My HC Classified Thread

Comment

Thread needs moar raisins.

Comment

Working...
                              X