Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in Michigan. It was cold all last month and I garden indoors. Gas and electric combined was 180. 1750 sq ft home
    strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by sleewell
      View Post

I live in Michigan. It was cold all last month and I garden indoors. Gas and electric combined was 180. 1750 sq ft home

What does garden indoors mean?

Comment

• It means my electric bill is high but so am I.

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

View Post

It means my electric bill is high but so am I.

I have some **************** my nephew gave me.. made me ****************ing sick man... gave me a bad cold. I like some herb... but I like quality/ When I see my nephew I will slap him.

Comment

• Yeah I love being self sufficient, recently started home brewing too. the initial costs are high but they are fun rewarding hobbies.

Never heard of heating oil though is it like propane?

Comment

• I heat my garage with oil. I kept it at 60 in the winter for a few weeks until I saw how much fuel it used. I get free Kerosene from my old workplace, so all is right in the world.
              Sure, God is all powerfull, but does he have lips?

Comment

View Post

It means my electric bill is high but so am I.

So is mine but I don't get high.

In the summer, my electric bill is through the roof. One reason is my koi pond with it's two waterfalls. Those waterfalls are powered by electric water pumps that run 24/7.
                member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

View Post

Yeah I love being self sufficient, recently started home brewing too. the initial costs are high but they are fun rewarding hobbies.

No, not like propane. Its just a **************** oil.

Comment

View Post

Yeah I love being self sufficient, recently started home brewing too. the initial costs are high but they are fun rewarding hobbies.

More like diesel.
                    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                    -- Theodore White

Comment

• I have burned wood for heat most of my life. It's a mindset really. Some days I hate it cause I'm always sweeping or cleaning ashes or packing a ****************load of wood into the basement. Most of the time, I love it. The wood heats you twice, once when you burn it and once when you are bucking, packing, stacking etc.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Igneroid
                        View Post

I have burned wood for heat most of my life. It's a mindset really. Some days I hate it cause I'm always sweeping or cleaning ashes or packing a ****************load of wood into the basement. Most of the time, I love it. The wood heats you twice, once when you burn it and once when you are bucking, packing, stacking etc.

Wood ash is a valuable commodity if you have a garden.
                        Carpe ventum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Igneroid
                          View Post

I have burned wood for heat most of my life. It's a mindset really. Some days I hate it cause I'm always sweeping or cleaning ashes or packing a ****************load of wood into the basement. Most of the time, I love it. The wood heats you twice, once when you burn it and once when you are bucking, packing, stacking etc.

Yeah, my father used to say that, too, generally when we were stacking wood in the summer, in 100F heat. I didn't find it amusing. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by planteater
                          View Post

Wood ash is a valuable commodity if you have a garden.

Can be. Can also be bad, depending on what the soil and the plant needs.

http://extension.oregonstate.edu/gardening/node/1022

http://extension.oregonstate.edu/gar...awn-and-garden
                          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                          -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                          -- Theodore White

Comment

• Rock a bye O'bama
                            MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stonedtone
                              View Post

You must have concerns about the efficiency of your place. You're in the perfect place to make things real good. Blown i insulation, good windows, close all the cracks. This is when people make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele Vision
                              View Post

Blown insulation sucks. It also sucks to use bags but you get a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac42
                              View Post

That's what my parents have.

Yeah is sucks , it settles a lot over time.

It's an after though thing when walls are up on an older house.

Windows are easy to put in and even easier when the walls are down.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Actually, I meant that they have oil heat. But I think they have blown insulation as well.
                                -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
                                X