Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of natural gas just went down again this month. My gas bill is equalized over 12 months so I pay the same each month regardless of the weather. Last year I paid $88.00 a month, and ended up not paying anything for the last 3 months of the year. This year I'm paying $66.00 a month to heat a 50+ year old, 1100 square foot house in need of new windows. Keep in mind it gets pretty cold here too.

Comment

I like natural gas.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

i jsut **************** in a bag and hug it for heat

Comment

I believe you

Comment

Heat pump, my friend, with the oil furnace for cold snaps. I use maybe 125 gals of heating oil over a winter, plus it does A/C during the summer. Our total monthly energy cost is about $100.
              Originally Posted By Trace-P38
              Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
              Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
              Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

I put one of these (http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-A...w-end-switches) in last spring ... saves me 20-30% on my fuel when combined with the complimentary thermostats .. I have 4 bedrooms a vaulted ceiling open floor plan bi-level house only 2000 sqft and it has modern windows and well insulated built in 2003 etc, in addition I upgrades the HWH to a stone lined efficient German model.. I filled up the tank May 31 with 170 gal and just refilled 1/2/13 with another 170 gal

┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59
                  View Post

Heat pump, my friend, with the oil furnace for cold snaps. I use maybe 125 gals of heating oil over a winter, plus it does A/C during the summer. Our total monthly energy cost is about $100.

this

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

My gas,water and electricity bill last month was $158.

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban;47410907[B

]My gas,water and electricity bill last month was $158.

Nice, natural gas if that is what you have, has been really low in price. There's a lot of surplus out there. Not so much surplus in heating oil.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

go solar and mini hydro if you have a small stream/creek on your property

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nice keetee
                          View Post

I thought about doing that in my yard but the waters not fast moving.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jrkman
                            View Post

I thought about doing that in my yard but the waters not fast moving.

you have an opportunity to have a very efficient home yo

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban
                              View Post

My gas,water and electricity bill last month was $158.

I'm real happy you guys are doing so well, but GRRR

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nice keetee
                                View Post

My stream is only about 5' wide. Not much water. It's also 70 yards from the house. I'm not sure I could work that one. The generation would not justify the effort

Comment

Working...
                                X