Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Im really regretting not putting my foot down about it.

    Comment


    • #62
      We have a little Jotul Castine 400 that will heat up the house so much we have to actually open the windows on days it gets over 40. You could get an insert Stoney and put it in your fireplace. Now the wood isn't free in the typical sense, by that I mean I have to spend a couple of weekends splitting oak and the 4 gallons or so of gas for the splitter and chainsaw comes out to be about $15 for an entire season of heat. Right now its 18 outside, but a toasty 75 inside.



      Now Stoney, you should probably buy the wood already cut and split, just the thought of the damage you could do to yourself or others with a chainsaw or splitter is a chilling thought. There is also a bit of a learning curve as to how to operate the stove, but I'm sure one of your tenants would be happy to read the 3 page instruction booklet to you.

      Comment


      • #63
        So this is what Stoney meant in the Craigslist ad by "cool house"

        Comment


        • #64
          No need to buy gas for a chainsaw. I use a Swedish Log Splitter and do it with muscle power. Over the summer I can easily split enough for the winter.



          http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Distribu...s=log+splitter
          Carpe ventum

          Comment


          • #65






            Quote Originally Posted by frankthomson
            View Post

            OP: dag.

            how abour keeping ur house at 50 and just heating the room ur in w/ an electric spaceheater?



            at $500/mo???!!!!...would make me seriously reconsider my zip code.




            Most inefficient and most expensive way to heat a home.
            "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

            Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

            Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

            Comment


            • #66






              Quote Originally Posted by planteater
              View Post

              No need to buy gas for a chainsaw. I use a Swedish Log Splitter and do it with muscle power. Over the summer I can easily split enough for the winter.



              http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Distribu...s=log+splitter




              The ad kinda makes it seem an older Swedish woman will coma to your home and split wood for you for about $90!...which if she leaves when she's done is a hell of a deal!

              Comment


              • #67
                "splitting logs"
                "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

                Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

                Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

                Comment


                • #68






                  Quote Originally Posted by Bryan316
                  View Post

                  Most inefficient and most expensive way to heat a home.




                  Certainly true over here. Electric space heating would bankrupt me!
                  Carpe ventum

                  Comment


                  • #69






                    Quote Originally Posted by TubeAddict
                    View Post

                    I spend $0 per year on heating and cooling










                    Quote Originally Posted by omni
                    View Post

                    You on teh welfare?




                    he moved to Equator



                    The younger women probably dress like this on any given day.



                    _____________________________________
                    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                    Join Date: Aug 2001
                    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                    Comment


                    • #70






                      Quote Originally Posted by TIP
                      View Post

                      We have a little Jotul Castine 400 that will heat up the house so much we have to actually open the windows on days it gets over 40. You could get an insert Stoney and put it in your fireplace. Now the wood isn't free in the typical sense, by that I mean I have to spend a couple of weekends splitting oak and the 4 gallons or so of gas for the splitter and chainsaw comes out to be about $15 for an entire season of heat. Right now its 18 outside, but a toasty 75 inside.



                      Now Stoney, you should probably buy the wood already cut and split, just the thought of the damage you could do to yourself or others with a chainsaw or splitter is a chilling thought. There is also a bit of a learning curve as to how to operate the stove, but I'm sure one of your tenants would be happy to read the 3 page instruction booklet to you.










                      Quote Originally Posted by TIP
                      View Post

                      So this is what Stoney meant in the Craigslist ad by "cool house"




                      _____________________________________
                      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                      Join Date: Aug 2001
                      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                      Comment


                      • #71


                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQTtAm8yrA
                        _____________________________________
                        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                        Join Date: Aug 2001
                        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                        Comment


                        • #72






                          Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                          View Post





                          I've always loved the sound of the drums...especially the snare on that clip. RIP Ritchie

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            My natural gas bill for December was over $50.



                            Very small house, uninsulated.

                            Comment


                            • #74






                              Quote Originally Posted by Pigger
                              View Post

                              My natural gas bill for December was over $50.



                              Very small house, uninsulated.




                              Just think if it was insulated and cost you 1/2 that.



                              that's a free escort BJ time or a nice hour long body message at the end of the year
                              _____________________________________
                              Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                              Join Date: Aug 2001
                              Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                              Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                              Comment


                              • #75






                                Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                                View Post

                                Just think if it was insulated and cost you 1/2 that.



                                that's a free escort BJ time or a nice hour long body message at the end of the year




                                At least the windows are new double-pane ones. The doors all seal well, too; it's not drafty at all.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X