Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Maybe propane My furnace will be running next week. Ill let you know what my bills look like. Wish I went with the wood stove. My bad for listening to my wife.

    Comment


    • #32






      Quote Originally Posted by jrkman
      View Post

      Maybe propane My furnace will be running next week. Ill let you know what my bills look like. Wish I went with the wood stove. My bad for listening to my wife.




      You can always add a wood stove, you can't always add a propane furnace, plus if you have to load the wood and shovel ash, and if you a wife, that ain't your job.



      Wife's want to turn on the hot water and get hot water.
      _____________________________________
      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

      Join Date: Aug 2001
      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

      Comment


      • #33






        Quote Originally Posted by jrkman
        View Post

        Maybe propane My furnace will be running next week. Ill let you know what my bills look like. Wish I went with the wood stove. My bad for listening to my wife.




        You can always add a wood stove, you can't always add a propane furnace, plus if you have to load the wood and shovel ash, and if you a wife, that ain't your job.



        Wife's want to turn on the hot water and get hot water.
        _____________________________________
        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

        Join Date: Aug 2001
        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

        Comment


        • #34






          Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
          View Post

          You can always add a wood stove, you can't always add a propane furnace, plus if you have to load the wood and shovel ash, and if you a wife, that ain't your job.



          Wife's want to turn on the hot water and get hot water.




          Oh I know. Problem is she doesnt pay for anything right now. She bitched moaned and whined when I was talking about the wood stove. After the ducts were all run, she bitched about the space they take up. This after I tried explaining that. I wanted to throw **************** at her.

          Comment


          • #35






            Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
            View Post

            You can always add a wood stove, you can't always add a propane furnace, plus if you have to load the wood and shovel ash, and if you a wife, that ain't your job.



            Wife's want to turn on the hot water and get hot water.




            Oh I know. Problem is she doesnt pay for anything right now. She bitched moaned and whined when I was talking about the wood stove. After the ducts were all run, she bitched about the space they take up. This after I tried explaining that. I wanted to throw **************** at her.

            Comment


            • #36
              YES!!!! THROW **************** AT HER!!!!



              *flings poo*
              poast something else...

              Comment


              • #37
                YES!!!! THROW **************** AT HER!!!!



                *flings poo*
                poast something else...

                Comment


                • #38






                  Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                  View Post

                  YES!!!! THROW **************** AT HER!!!!



                  *flings poo*








                  I really hate that ****************ing house.

                  Comment


                  • #39






                    Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                    View Post

                    YES!!!! THROW **************** AT HER!!!!



                    *flings poo*








                    I really hate that ****************ing house.

                    Comment


                    • #40






                      Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                      View Post

                      YES!!!! THROW **************** AT HER!!!!



                      *flings poo*








                      I really hate that ****************ing house.

                      Comment


                      • #41






                        Quote Originally Posted by jrkman
                        View Post

                        Oh I know. Problem is she doesnt pay for anything right now. She bitched moaned and whined when I was talking about the wood stove. After the ducts were all run, she bitched about the space they take up. This after I tried explaining that. I wanted to throw **************** at her.




                        radiant floor heating, no duckies, you were almost there, but I sure that last thing you wanted to do with this project is tackle the floors.



                        My wife and I spot on, on the costs of stuff and what needs to be done and bills taht need to be paid.

                        Here's a lil quote

                        Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man.
                        _____________________________________
                        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                        Join Date: Aug 2001
                        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                        Comment


                        • #42






                          Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                          View Post

                          Here's a lil quote

                          Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man.




                          Tim Finn? Great song.



                          I have a 3500+ sq ft house that has double the insulation R factor required by code, super insulated Pella windows/doors and a 95% efficient forced air gas furnace. My gas bill for last month was $64. My highest gas bill ever in the 3 years in this house was still under $100.



                          Compare that to my other house, 1400 sq ft house with minimum insulation and a 70% efficient boiler (hot water heat). I averaged $200-$300/month. My highest was close to $400.



                          Big difference between the two.
                          member of the sg army

                          in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

                          Comment


                          • #43






                            Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                            View Post

                            radiant floor heating, no duckies, you were almost there, but I sure that last thing you wanted to do with this project is tackle the floors.



                            My wife and I spot on, on the costs of stuff and what needs to be done and bills taht need to be paid.

                            Here's a lil quote

                            Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man.




                            Time and money Mikeo. Mostly money.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I have a friend from Sweden. He says heating bill runs about $15,000 a year there. No wonder he is in Thailand this time of year. Cheaper to travel, damn the pipes!
                              I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                              Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                this isnt about sweden ****************************it!!!! :madphil: :madphil: :madphil:
                                my p0asting days were numb bird... now im done... bye.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X