Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16






    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
    View Post

    He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.



    A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.




    Could get an insert stove for the firplace

    Comment


    • #17






      Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
      View Post

      He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.



      A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.




      Could get an insert stove for the firplace

      Comment


      • #18






        Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
        View Post

        He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.



        A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.




        In fact, fireplaces usually cool the house down, by sucking warm air up the chimney.









        Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
        View Post

        Could get an insert stove for the firplace




        That can help.
        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
        -- Bob Parks

        "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
        -- Oscar Wilde

        "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
        -- Oscar Wilde

        "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
        -- Theodore White

        Comment


        • #19






          Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
          View Post

          He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.



          A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.




          In fact, fireplaces usually cool the house down, by sucking warm air up the chimney.









          Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
          View Post

          Could get an insert stove for the firplace




          That can help.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

          "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

          "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

          "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

          Comment


          • #20
            I've got a cisp, new $1 bill that says stoney's fireplace damper is open all the time.
            poast something else...

            Comment


            • #21
              I've got a cisp, new $1 bill that says stoney's fireplace damper is open all the time.
              poast something else...

              Comment


              • #22






                Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
                View Post

                Could get an insert stove for the firplace




                yep.



                very popular
                _____________________________________
                Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                Join Date: Aug 2001
                Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                Comment


                • #23






                  Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
                  View Post

                  Could get an insert stove for the firplace




                  yep.



                  very popular
                  _____________________________________
                  Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                  Join Date: Aug 2001
                  Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                  Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                  Comment


                  • #24






                    Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                    View Post

                    I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. man, it's warm in here. i lubs my heat included in my rent.




                    very nice



                    I was at my wife's son's apt not to long ago. Heat included and it was balmy mid 70's







                    Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                    View Post

                    I've got a cisp, new $1 bill that says stoney's fireplace damper is open all the time.




                    I bet
                    _____________________________________
                    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                    Join Date: Aug 2001
                    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                    Comment


                    • #25






                      Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                      View Post

                      I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. man, it's warm in here. i lubs my heat included in my rent.




                      very nice



                      I was at my wife's son's apt not to long ago. Heat included and it was balmy mid 70's







                      Quote Originally Posted by Trace-P38
                      View Post

                      I've got a cisp, new $1 bill that says stoney's fireplace damper is open all the time.




                      I bet
                      _____________________________________
                      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                      Join Date: Aug 2001
                      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        No one is making you stay in the ****************ing snow and ice, Stoney.
                        It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          No one is making you stay in the ****************ing snow and ice, Stoney.
                          It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                          Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

                          Comment


                          • #28






                            Quote Originally Posted by tuco
                            View Post

                            No one is making you stay in the ****************ing snow and ice, Stoney.




                            nope






                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZMCwa-Cvr4







                            I knows peep in AZ, but there a lil to close to the Mexican board for me. When I retire I want to go where it's not to populated, doesn't cost much to live either. Wish me luck on this blue state dream on my pension



                            Might check out places like Kentucky, TN, the Carolina's
                            _____________________________________
                            Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                            Join Date: Aug 2001
                            Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                            Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                            Comment


                            • #29






                              Quote Originally Posted by tuco
                              View Post

                              No one is making you stay in the ****************ing snow and ice, Stoney.




                              nope














                              I knows peep in AZ, but there a lil to close to the Mexican board for me. When I retire I want to go where it's not to populated, doesn't cost much to live either. Wish me luck on this blue state dream on my pension



                              Might check out places like Kentucky, TN, the Carolina's
                              _____________________________________
                              Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                              Join Date: Aug 2001
                              Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                              Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Maybe propane My furnace will be running next week. Ill let you know what my bills look like. Wish I went with the wood stove. My bad for listening to my wife.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X