Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Spending Friggin $500/mo On Heating Oil

I keep my house cold. It's always about 61- 63. Big houses are much more fun in the summer

Get a wood burning stove
    Bite Me! Welcome To The New Discount Non Functional H/C !

Comment

Get a wood burning stove
      Bite Me! Welcome To The New Discount Non Functional H/C !

Comment

My utilities for my 3 bedroom townhouse cost about $200 for gas, water and electricity.
        "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Comment

My utilities for my 3 bedroom townhouse cost about $200 for gas, water and electricity.
          "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by I Play Um
            View Post

Get a wood burning stove

I wouldn't know where to put it. My friend has one and his house is like 80 deg all night long. He said he spend $75/mo and that much be all hot water

Comment

View Post

Get a wood burning stove

I wouldn't know where to put it. My friend has one and his house is like 80 deg all night long. He said he spend $75/mo and that much be all hot water

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedtone
                View Post

I keep my house cold. It's always about 61- 63. Big houses are much more fun in the summer

My house is smaller and always warm, the cats are super happy.

70 degrees, 71.3 right now.

The wife hates heat in the bed room for sleeping so that turned off.

I go through about 900 gallons of heating oil a year, heat and hot water, but this is a really old place. We insulated the attic cause you could get at the beams, My attic is probably warmer than your house.

If it took out all the walls which are plaster I could re insulate and go through 1/2 that, but it's a huge mess, that would pay off in the long run..

New homes are 2X6 construction and insulated to the max. I don't know how old your place is, but it's new and should be built on a 2x6 platform.

You knew this about your house before hand.

Anyway while you're paying the big oil hogs and shareholders, I'm looking at my next Gretsch

I'll be retiring in 4 years and my wife and I have talked about moving. There's some nice things about the south, and lower western states. The AC bill is not one of them.

Knobs has said on average his electric bill is 300 bucks a month to cool him home and probably the same to heat it.
                Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedtone
                  View Post

I go through about 900 gallons of heating oil a year, heat and hot water, but this is a really old place. We insulated the attic cause you could get at the beams, My attic is probably warmer than your house.

If it took out all the walls which are plaster I could re insulate and go through 1/2 that, but it's a huge mess, that would pay off in the long run..

New homes are 2X6 construction and insulated to the max. I don't know how old your place is, but it's new and should be built on a 2x6 platform.

Anyway while you're paying the big oil hogs and shareholders, I'm looking at my next Gretsch

I'll be retiring in 4 years and my wife and I have talked about moving. There's some nice things about the south, and lower western states. The AC bill is not one of them.

Knobs has said on average his electric bill is 300 bucks a month to cool him home and probably the same to heat it.

Comment

View Post

Get a wood burning stove

He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.

A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.

Comment

View Post

Get a wood burning stove

He has a fireplace or has mentioned it with his fire building skillz. Fireplaces are for atmosphere and not heating your home.

A wood stove or even a pellet stove might be something to consider.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                        View Post

It's a 2800 sq ft house. I knew the deal. Not that I expected oil to be this expensive

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                          View Post

It's a 2800 sq ft house. I knew the deal. Not that I expected oil to be this expensive

Comment

I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. man, it's warm in here. i lubs my heat included in my rent.
                            poast something else...

Comment

I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. man, it's warm in here. i lubs my heat included in my rent.
                              poast something else...

Comment

Working...
                              X