Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I downloaded audacity and got virus

It changed my homepage from MSN to yahoo . I used expensive norton virus scan, it found and corrected 3 things .

audacity worked but sounded horrible cause of my soundcard .

aids?

Comment

aids?

Comment

No virus in Audacity. If anything Norton is giving false positives. Your homepage being changed is likely due to the fact that a lot of freeware companies are making money from sponsorships from places like google and yahoo and so they add in an optional install (by default it is selected to install) things like yahoo or google toolbar.
        If you smile at me I will understand because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Comment

No virus in Audacity. If anything Norton is giving false positives. Your homepage being changed is likely due to the fact that a lot of freeware companies are making money from sponsorships from places like google and yahoo and so they add in an optional install (by default it is selected to install) things like yahoo or google toolbar.
          If you smile at me I will understand because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun
            View Post

correct
            Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Try this

Comment

Omg, is your pc ok with yahoo as the homepage?

:sarcasm:
                "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
                  View Post

Try this

Try what?

Comment

the aol women is still stalking me

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban
                      View Post

Omg, is your pc ok with yahoo as the homepage?

:sarcasm:

No, it was not. When I downloaded it, it came with a thing called stronghold. I could not deleted from my programs. I went to Microsoft and found a place specifically designed to the remove this irritation. My computer ran very slow and it was a virus disguised as some kind of helpful program.

When I went to Microsoft it helped a lot and seemed to make it go away but it was not completely gone until I did the system restore. Then it was finally all gone. When I tried the system restore before I went to Microsoft it would not function. That shows you how malicious this pesky little beast was.

Comment

Here is a quick guide on how to remove SoftStronghold from your computer using Malwarebyes

Comment

View Post

Try this

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkleberg
                          View Post

Try what?

I swear i put the link in.

I think someone edited out.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Comment

View Post

I swear i put the link in.

I think someone edited out.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I have downloaded audacity before without giving any problems. This time it was different. This entity, strongvault, developed by stronghold inc . Hijacked my homepage just like that one guy said. It changed it from MSN to yahoo.

After going to support the Microsoft and using their special thing just for deleting this strongvault my homepage was still yahoo but the strongvault appeared to be gone. After the system restore my homepage return to MSN and all the ghosts of the virus were gone. I call them ghosts, remmanents just evidence that there was something there that wasn't there before, it's hard to describe. It was a bitch.

I don't care for that particular music program anyway. It seems designed more for people and not musicians.

Comment

Quality posting there werty. Sigged.

Comment

Working...
                              X