Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, all our posts from the old forum are still here

They're in a place called "The Round File," which of course means the trash.   

Personally, I think this sucks because though there is admittedly a lot of mindless crap on OJ there is also some really good stuff, such as our sticky thread with everyone's music in it.  As most of you old timers will remember, OJ was not only the original and most active forum on HC but we released two ALBUMS of our music, the second one being a double album.  It easily stands up to any output the other, supposedly "on topic" forums have produced.

So, I'd suggest bitching to Anderton about this.  No telling how long OJ will be in the "round file" before someone pulls the flush handle.

Terry D.

Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

MrKnobs wrote:

Personally, I think this sucks because though there is admittedly a lot of mindless crap on OJ there is also some really good stuff, such as our sticky thread with everyone's music in it.  As most of you old timers will remember, OJ was not only the original and most active forum on HC but we released two ALBUMS of our music, the second one being a double album.  It easily stands up to any output the other, supposedly "on topic" forums have produced.

So, I'd suggest bitching to Anderton about this.  No telling how long OJ will be in the "round file" before someone pulls the flush handle.

Terry D.

After I figured out how to get there I checked, and you're right. I've sent an email asking what's going on. What's even weirder is there are two Open Jam forums, one of which appears to be intact, and one of which has no posts.

This is not what I was told would be happening.

There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

MrKnobs wrote:

Personally, I think this sucks because though there is admittedly a lot of mindless **bleep** on OJ there is also some really good stuff, such as our sticky thread with everyone's music in it.  As most of you old timers will remember, OJ was not only the original and most active forum on HC but we released two ALBUMS of our music, the second one being a double album.  It easily stands up to any output the other, supposedly "on topic" forums have produced.

So, I'd suggest **bleep** to Anderton about this.  No telling how long OJ will be in the "round file" before someone pulls the flush handle.

Terry D.

Yeah, if anything is worth saving, it should be the tuneage. This IS a "music site", right? 

walking the earth

Comment

Well whoever is in charge of the site makeover should be fired immediately. The entire site is unusable. Whatever functionality was present before is gone. Forums are either missing or unreadable. There is no logic to the design. The purpose of any redesign should be to make a site more user-friendly, enhance the usability and make it easier for the users of the site to find the information they came for. The people responsible for this redesign have done exactly the opposite. They put in a little eye candy and think they are web designers. A textbook case on how to totally destroy a once-valuable website. This fiasco will only drive viewers away.   

Comment

• Anderton
        Anderton commented
        Editing a comment

KlangKunst wrote:

Well whoever is in charge of the site makeover should be fired immediately. The entire site is unusable. Whatever functionality was present before is gone. Forums are either missing or unreadable. There is no logic to the design. The purpose of any redesign should be to make a site more user-friendly, enhance the usability and make it easier for the users of the site to find the information they came for. The people responsible for this redesign have done exactly the opposite. They put in a little eye candy and think they are web designers. A textbook case on how to totally destroy a once-valuable website. This fiasco will only drive viewers away.   

Would you please do me a favor and post your comment in the feedback forum.

And since it's so damn hard to see hyperlinks, here's the link:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Feedback/bd-p/Launch_Feedback

Working...
    X