Harmony Central Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb stuff that people tried to argue with me about over the past week.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb stuff that people tried to argue with me about over the past week.

I say "tried to argue" because I just gave up. 1st: After asking if anyone knew when the Korean War ended , two old guys told me I was wrong when I said 1953. both insisted it was 1955. Don't argue with old guys drinking beer. 2nd : One of my bandmates thinks that Ramblin Man was done by the Marshall Tucker Band. I guess I'm wrong for thinking it's Dickie Betts of Allman Bros...playing his red SG. Last : I know a guy who claims that the Rolling Stones original piano player ( The guy who formed the band and was made into a roadie) is named Ian McGlachen...not Ian Stuart. He also says that this guy is alive and well and owns a bar in Austin Texas. WTF ? By the way..I don't know if I spelled McGlachen right...
    <div class="signaturecontainer">It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.</div>

I sure don't want to add to your problem, but as to the original piano player you were right and just have his name spelled wrong. Ian Stewart was his name,and he be daid.

Comment

• Moody Sarzo
      Moody Sarzo commented
      Editing a comment

Who cares?

This is what silent farts are for..Blow one off and leave....end of argument!

Bite Me!

Comment

lol @ bloe one

Comment

• I Play Um
        I Play Um commented
        Editing a comment

Pike Murphy wrote:
        lol @ bloe one

With flapping butt cheeks!

seahorse wrote:
      I say "tried to argue" because I just gave up. 1st: After asking if anyone knew when the Korean War ended , two old guys told me I was wrong when I said 1953. both insisted it was 1955. Don't argue with old guys drinking beer. 2nd : One of my bandmates thinks that Ramblin Man was done by the Marshall Tucker Band. I guess I'm wrong for thinking it's Dickie Betts of Allman Bros...playing his red SG. Last : I know a guy who claims that the Rolling Stones original piano player ( The guy who formed the band and was made into a roadie) is named Ian McGlachen...not Ian Stuart. He also says that this guy is alive and well and owns a bar in Austin Texas. WTF ? By the way..I don't know if I spelled McGlachen right...

I don't think there is G in McGlachen. and it's really McLaughlin.

If we are talking the same last name thingie.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"><font color="#8b0000"><br />
      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. <br />
      <br />
      <br />
      Bye bye OJ it's been fun!<br />
      <br />
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617<br />
      <br />
      </font></font></font></b></div>

Comment

• EddietheCartboy
        EddietheCartboy commented
        Editing a comment

I kind of remember a session type keyboard player (I think) named Ian McLaghan (maybe) who played with some of the British  80's bands, like Faces (maybe?) but I'm too lazy to look it up. He may well live in Texas, but maybe it's just a Brit ex-pat who gets guys to buy him drinks by saying he used to play with the Stones.

Lemme try a smilie, I haven't done that yet::robotmad:

Hmm, kinda looks like Bender.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Working...
    X