Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have stainless steel appliances and not like them?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have stainless steel appliances and not like them?

I need new appliances (fridge/freezer, oven, microwave range, dishwasher) sometime in the near future. It seems like stainless steel is the go-to color these days. I figure it is a semi-major purchase that will last a decade or more so the entire "buy once, cry once" theory sort of applies. Of course, it doesn't really matter to me... my current appliances are white.... and don't work.

• Mikeo
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs
    View Post

Where do you drink?

My missus sometimes likes to go out to bars, but since I work in bars 2 - 3 times a week that's the last thing I want to do. Usually when she asks, "Want to go hang out at a bar?" I say, "I dunno, why don't we go hang out at a hospital somewhere."

Yeah, on the side if you keep them a long time, hence the wine rack being horizontal. I mostly store my wine at the world's liquor stores.

Terry D.

When I go out to see a band at a club, I will usually have a few beers. I has a few beers at a friend out on NYE.

When I was gigging out doing solo wok, I'd have a beer when I played.

Just opened my fridge and it looks like there still some Magic Hat Blind Faith in there. I might stay in there another month for all I care.

Leave a comment:

• MrKnobs
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by nice keetee
    View Post

nice kitchen

We're cheap, we have a small little paid off house with a lot of yard backing into the woods / greenbelt. One of my New Year's resolutions for this year is to get the rest of the house renovated / remodeled, starting with the bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo
    View Post

I has an old fashion dry bar, and only about 4 bottles of wine in it, and some standard booze, for on the rocks stuff or mixers.

I rarely sit around my house and drink, not even beer.

I store my bottles all wrong too, standing up.

Where do you drink?

My missus sometimes likes to go out to bars, but since I work in bars 2 - 3 times a week that's the last thing I want to do. Usually when she asks, "Want to go hang out at a bar?" I say, "I dunno, why don't we go hang out at a hospital somewhere."

View Post

should corked be stored on side to keep cork from drying?

i don't drink wine wzcept for toasts

Yeah, on the side if you keep them a long time, hence the wine rack being horizontal. I mostly store my wine at the world's liquor stores.

Terry D.

Leave a comment:

• nice keetee
    replied

View Post

I don't think it matters with the screw cap stuff I buy

do you recycle the empties?

Leave a comment:

• Mikeo
    replied

View Post

I don't think it matters with the screw cap stuff I buy

Leave a comment:

• nice keetee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mikeo
    replied

View Post

Nearly every slot is full now.

One thing that really irked me was the wine rack has a lot of useless space. The lattice is centered so the slots on the far left and far right won't hold a bottle. Had the cabinet designer notice that I'd either have ordered the rack a little smaller or a little larger. As it is, just a lot of wasted space.

Terry D.

I has an old fashion dry bar, and only about 4 bottles of wine in it, and some standard booze, for on the rocks stuff or mixers.

I rarely sit around my house and drink, not even beer.

I store my bottles all wrong too, standing up.

Leave a comment:

• nice keetee
    replied
    nice kitchen

Leave a comment:

• MrKnobs
    replied

View Post

You're also getting a touch low on your wine supply

Nearly every slot is full now.

One thing that really irked me was the wine rack has a lot of useless space. The lattice is centered so the slots on the far left and far right won't hold a bottle. Had the cabinet designer notice that I'd either have ordered the rack a little smaller or a little larger. As it is, just a lot of wasted space.

Terry D.

Leave a comment:

• nice keetee
    replied

View Post

I like SS, gradually converting as the old appliances die. And yeah, fingerprints are the problem.

Kitchen looking out

Kitchen looking in

Terry D.

kitchen looking out

kitchen looking in

why? because of the color of their skin

run, run, run but you just can't hide

ball of confusion

Leave a comment:

• Mikeo
    replied

View Post

I like SS, gradually converting as the old appliances die. And yeah, fingerprints are the problem.

Kitchen looking out

Kitchen looking in

Terry D.

You're also getting a touch low on your wine supply

Leave a comment:

• MrKnobs
    replied

Kitchen looking out

Kitchen looking in

Terry D.

Leave a comment:

• RoboChrist
    replied
    If you're worried about quality and longevity, Miele is supposed to be the best at everything...pricy though.

Leave a comment:

• Yer Blues
    replied
    This is the kind of stuff I wish someone else would just make the decision for me. I really don't care. Like I said, the only reason I'm really getting it is because I'm getting tired of asking why microwave/oven/dishwasher doesn't work. I had a buddy out to look at fixing them, but with the prices of the equipment and labor it is hardly more to just buy new stuff. The old stuff is white and I really don't mind.

I looked online and it doesn't appear to increase the value of your home, so now I'm back to just replacing it with white.

Leave a comment:

• Goobers
    replied
    i helped my mother get a new fridge recently, and tried to steer her to a stainless one, but she insisted on white. The white really does look better in her spot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X