Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have stainless steel appliances and not like them?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do look good. When they're clean and they're never clean. Fingerprints aren't the problem, cleaning them is. Wiping them down w/ just a sponge really doesn't help because they're textured and show the streaks. There's a special cleaner to use. I wanted black but got overruled.
    Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

They do look good. When they're clean and they're never clean. Fingerprints aren't the problem, cleaning them is. Wiping them down w/ just a sponge really doesn't help because they're textured and show the streaks. There's a special cleaner to use. I wanted black but got overruled.
      Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

They look great as long as they are clean. In a working family kitchen they won't stay like that for long. When we refitted our kitchen we went for brown enamel finish which looks fine and is practical. Unfortunately, the hob extractor is SS. Looked great when new but looks a mess now.

For a bachelor shag pad SS is great. For a heavily used cooking area it's a cleaning 'mare.
        Carpe ventum

Comment

They look great as long as they are clean. In a working family kitchen they won't stay like that for long. When we refitted our kitchen we went for brown enamel finish which looks fine and is practical. Unfortunately, the hob extractor is SS. Looked great when new but looks a mess now.

For a bachelor shag pad SS is great. For a heavily used cooking area it's a cleaning 'mare.
          Carpe ventum

Comment

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by planteater
                View Post

We cook and bake often, and haven't had any issues keeping the SS clean -- though I am a bit of a neat freak and clean as we go.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by planteater
                  View Post

We cook and bake often, and haven't had any issues keeping the SS clean -- though I am a bit of a neat freak and clean as we go.

Comment

If you have a large refrigerator magnet collection, you'll have to consider the cost of long-term storage as they will no longer stick to your fridge, yo.
                    poast something else...

Comment

If you have a large refrigerator magnet collection, you'll have to consider the cost of long-term storage as they will no longer stick to your fridge, yo.
                      poast something else...

Comment

Yes, we have them, and they show EVERY fingerprint and smudge. You have to be careful cleaning the stainless too, because if you don't run the cleaning sponge in the same direction as the graining, you'll see new scratches. And, you better not use scouring cleanser on it for the same reason.
                        My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

Yes, we have them, and they show EVERY fingerprint and smudge. You have to be careful cleaning the stainless too, because if you don't run the cleaning sponge in the same direction as the graining, you'll see new scratches. And, you better not use scouring cleanser on it for the same reason.
                          My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TRTrex
                            View Post

I don't clean my hob extractor every day. Life's too short.
                            Carpe ventum

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TRTrex
                              View Post

I don't clean my hob extractor every day. Life's too short.
                              Carpe ventum

Comment

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
                                "Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

Comment

Working...
                                X