Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Had To Pick One Amp

This is real hard for me. I have some great do certain things amps. I've always picked my THD Univalve because of the fun, but I think now it's the Dr Z Maz 18 NR. I play the little 16 watt Carvin combo more because it's in my living room. That Carin amp is near the top. I did an AB with my Chinese VHT and it blows it away. Not even close.

Well guys, what's your best amp, right now?

I would have to say my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee would be my fav amp right now. Cause phone speakers suck, but when you plug it into the premium audio on the Jeep, things sound real nice, real loud, real fast. Or were you asking about a different kind of amp?

However, I'm thinking about turning my suv into a playable amp on wheels.

Comment

• seahorse
      seahorse commented
      Editing a comment
      An old solid state Session Rockette 30.........I just like it.

I mainly use my Palomino v16. It's simple and sounds great.
    No longer Banned by the Geezer Gear Forum for liking pubic hair on women.

Comment

I keep going back to my Fender Deluxe 90. I like the chimey cleans. I have 7 other various smps but I'm a sucker for SS cleans. It sounds great paired with my 335.
      member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

Stonedtone wrote:

This is real hard for me. I have some great do certain things amps. I've always picked my THD Univalve because of the fun, but I think now it's the Dr Z Maz 18 NR. I play the little 16 watt Carvin combo more because it's in my living room. That Carin amp is near the top. I did an AB with my Chinese VHT and it blows it away. Not even close.

Well guys, what's your best amp, right now?

I like my Maz 18, but I have yet to nail the tones I want with it on a recording.

I probably have have used these two more than any other in recording.

http://fenderdeluxereverb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Fender-deluxe-reverb.jpg

http://images.gibson.com/Lifestyle/English/aaFeaturesImages2009/GA5-amp.jpg

Attached Files
        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• seahorse
          seahorse commented
          Editing a comment
          The Deluxe Reverb is about as good as it gets..( Twin Reverb too) . Also, I think they're about the best looking amps ever made.

Randall WARhead, baby!

Comment

Working...
      X