Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I revamped my home studio this weekend!

Completely revamped! The previous vamping was not working as well as I had hoped.

Now, i have more floor space, but also room for more keyboards. After having it the original way for 1 1/2 years, I found some things not to my liking.

I also revamped my stereo system at the same time; got rid of some stuff I wasn't using at all, and put a subwoofer & crossover in. My NAD integrated amp has preamp out & power amp inputs on the back; I sent the preamp out to the crossover, and the highs back to the power amp, with the sub output going to a 400 watt Samick power amp driving a 12" JBL sub. The NAD drives a pair of NHT Super Two's which sound a bit boomy in the lows, and don't really go low enough for good solid 20Hz. Now they sound much better, and the overall sound is much tighter.

Good for you. My home practice space is a mess. Crap everywhere and extremely disorganized. I need to spend an entire day just cleaning up, filing, and throwing crap away.

Comment

• Mikeo
      Mikeo commented
      Editing a comment

Pine Apple Slim wrote:
      Good for you. My home practice space is a mess. Crap everywhere and extremely disorganized. I need to spend an entire day just cleaning up, filing, and throwing crap away.

Mine is kincs a messy too, but it's in my old dirty cellar.

I can find stuff, but I can't find my ebow, which is probably a good thing.

Pigger wrote:

Completely revamped! The previous vamping was not working as well as I had hoped.

Now, i have more floor space, but also room for more keyboards. After having it the original way for 1 1/2 years, I found some things not to my liking.

I also revamped my stereo system at the same time; got rid of some stuff I wasn't using at all, and put a subwoofer & crossover in. My NAD integrated amp has preamp out & power amp inputs on the back; I sent the preamp out to the crossover, and the highs back to the power amp, with the sub output going to a 400 watt Samick power amp driving a 12" JBL sub. The NAD drives a pair of NHT Super Two's which sound a bit boomy in the lows, and don't really go low enough for good solid 20Hz. Now they sound much better, and the overall sound is much tighter.

Pics?

member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

• Pigger
      Pigger commented
      Editing a comment

When I finally get internet at home, I'll be poasting pics & music clips. I'm hoping to accomplish this by NLT this summer. I've just been very broke since the divorce & then the motorcycle accident.

I am really looking forward to boring everyone w/ my bland, stale unoriginal music!!

*vamps vampishingly*
    poast something...

Comment

• Voltan
      Voltan commented
      Editing a comment

pigger, this is what i did saturday night...  we helped deliver this little female llama on our rancho...  her name is luna, she's silver, black and white...   in this pic she is 14 hours old...

*** sorry, unable to upload image because harmony central sucks putrid ass***

Working...
X