Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with KEF hifi speakers?

I just put a downpayment on these:

KEF Q100

Of the ones I demoed at the hifi store, including PSB, and Cerwin Vega, they were the best sounding speakers by far. I plan on getting a sub to accompany them. Anyone familar with the brand?

Attached Files

I have had KEF Speakers on my stereo for 25 years, Good stuff.

My mains are bookshelf style ones, and I added some rears and a center speaker when I moved to a dolby system, The Boston Acoustic sub I had bit the dust and I haven't replaced it yet.

UK made, I think you'll enjoy them.

Mine don't have the best bass responds, but they came with coupling bass stands.

Lot of good speakers out there, in that range, Polk is a good company, Klipsch.

When i wanted a second set of speakers for reference I bought some KRK's ( made in china by a FLA company, but I think Gibson bought out the company recently)

Let your ears be your judge

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• midget wound
      midget wound commented
      Editing a comment

If you've had them for 25 years that's all I need to know...I tend to hold onto stuff until it falls apart, like my 20 year old Teac S-300s which are just now sounding a little tired and ragged.

You're right about the preponderance of quality speakers out there, it was tough to decide what to get.

Working...
X