Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato and basil soup.

Indeed. It's the first day of Spring though you'd never think it - it's jolly well freezing. I've just been out for my daily constitutional - a walk down to the shops as far as the other end of town and back. In order to remedy the chill I purchased a carton of tomato and basil soup made by a company called Avonmore. It's damn good - as a matter of fact it's almost as good as home made stuff and infinitely superior to stuff from a packet. Only people  who live on run-down council estates and who wear their pyjamas all day eat packet soup.

I got some fresh  bread rolls to go with it - yum. It's a bit of a soup kitchen luncheon but it saves me the bother of making something. Mrs. BP is coming home from school early as the place was burgled again and the police wanted everybody out so that they can collect fingerprints. She's delighted and so are all the kids.

I also bought a new toothbrush - one of those electrical affairs that buzzes and cleans one's gnashers more thoughly than a normal toothbrush. My old one gave up the ghost so I threw it away but not before I removed most of the electronics. There are several leds and a couple of tiny switches that I'm sure I can find a use for.

All in all a most productive day. I think I'm being brought for dinner tonight as well. It's a local place run by an old mate and some French guy. I had a look at the menu as I was passing and I might try the pheasant.

"Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

blackpig wrote:

Indeed. It's the first day of Spring though you'd never think it - it's jolly well freezing. I've just been out for my daily constitutional - a walk down to the shops as far as the other end of town and back. In order to remedy the chill I purchased a carton of tomato and basil soup made by a company called Avonmore. It's damn good - as a matter of fact it's almost as good as home made stuff and infinitely superior to stuff from a packet. Only people  who live on run-down council estates and who wear their pyjamas all day eat packet soup.

I got some fresh  bread rolls to go with it - yum. It's a bit of a soup kitchen luncheon but it saves me the bother of making something. Mrs. BP is coming home from school early as the place was burgled again and the police wanted everybody out so that they can collect fingerprints. She's delighted and so are all the kids.

I also bought a new toothbrush - one of those electrical affairs that buzzes and cleans one's gnashers more thoughly than a normal toothbrush. My old one gave up the ghost so I threw it away but not before I removed most of the electronics. There are several leds and a couple of tiny switches that I'm sure I can find a use for.

All in all a most productive day. I think I'm being brought for dinner tonight as well. It's a local place run by an old mate and some French guy. I had a look at the menu as I was passing and I might try the pheasant.

I thought spring started in March 20th -21st.

Around here early spring aint that nice and it pretty much still winter time April and even that can be iffy.

Soup sounds very nice

I have not really used a manual tooth brush in 30 years, I have had inteplax ( don't recommend one), Braun, an I currently for the past 5 plkus years have used at a Soniccare. Mine have all been rechargable , but they are now making cheaper ones that take 2 regular batteries.

The Braun was good, the SonicCare has been very good.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• blackpig
      blackpig commented
      Editing a comment
      My new one is a Sonicare; so was the other one but the new one is a more up-to-date one. It will last a long time as I am somewhat bereft with regard to my dentition; I have enough teeth left, however, to make short work of a bit of decent striploin so I might as well look after what's left.

i must say i  like the word "dentition" BP.well done.i hope the pheasant is as pleasant as a peasant

the world is your crabstick

Comment

I was apalled at the lack of teh word "dentifrice" in this poast...
      poast something...

Comment

• blackpig
        blackpig commented
        Editing a comment

I ended up having gote's cheese followed by mussels. Mrs. BP had crispy prawns followed by a fillet of john dory; then she had a chocolate mousse. I didn't bother with dessert (I seldom do) but had two glasses of Bushmills whiskey whilst she had a coffee.

I might make a monkfish or prawn curry tomorrow.

Working...
    X