Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine that runs a student music club, got a very sweet donation,

The person is old and wanted to do something nice for the community and the music club

The total donation is for about $60,000, of which he has about 15 grand of to buy live sound equipment, some music gear, amps, guitars, drums bass, piano and so on.

The guitars will be lower medium priced stuff that the student can grab and play, so there nothing of huge value stuff, but it will be good stuff. The sound system will be very nice.

He asked me for some advice and what I thought and I gave him some ideas. MIM Fender teles, lower line Martins, I picked out a few amp suggestions for him including a couple of Fender BJ's/ Fender HRD Deluxes, A lower line drum kit and I suggetsed spend a lil extra on good cymbals and replacing the heads on any kit he gets.

All in all that was very generous of a local to do, and I think he can do a very nice job with the allotted money.

I get to go shopping with him next week.

He will probably use a local music store(s) for the majority of it all.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Mikeo wrote:

The person is old and wanted to do something nice for the community and the music club

The total donation is for about $60,000, of which he has about 15 grand of to buy live sound equipment, some music gear, amps, guitars, drums bass, piano and so on.

The guitars will be lower medium priced stuff that the student can grab and play, so there nothing of huge value stuff, but it will be good stuff. The sound system will be very nice.

He asked me for some advice and what I thought and I gave him some ideas. MIM Fender teles, lower line Martins, I picked out a few amp suggestions for him including a couple of Fender BJ's/ Fender HRD Deluxes, A lower line drum kit and I suggetsed spend a lil extra on good cymbals and replacing the heads on any kit he gets.

All in all that was very generous of a local to do, and I think he can do a very nice job with the allotted money.

I get to go shopping with him next week.

He will probably use a local music store(s) for the majority of it all.

Sound advice. No pun intended.:womanwink:

member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

• EddietheCartboy
      EddietheCartboy commented
      Editing a comment

See if you can find an old standup bass for the club. I got to take my High School's double bass home for the summer between my junior and senior years, makes you appreciate a good electric, good ear training as well.

wut
    poast something...

Comment

• Moody Sarzo
      Moody Sarzo commented
      Editing a comment

Have fun on the spree!

Working...
X