Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question on your likes and dislikes of the new forum style

Anyone that has played around with it a bit. I absolutely have no issues with it. I played with it a bit and the first day, and got used to it.

It's fast as all H@ll. 

I'd like to see some multiquote options which I have read that is coming soom.

I'd like a lil' darker font and and not so gray in color.

the Pokeman Smiles got to go, but Ryan and company are artist and I think they will come upo with some decent ones down the road. They will not look like stuff you see on V Bulletin I am sure.

Pic insert is a lil confusing and browse from another site seems wrong, it actually bring up stuff in you computer.You also have to titel up a image. I full get it tough, so no biggie.

The spell Check thing is dated, and needs to be worked on too.

There should have been a lil intro and heads up with the mods, and more of a chance for them to play.

Someone onTOJ said it crashed, but I have no idea, that post was written at 10pm on a saturday night. I hope it was from and Iphone at a club, but I doubt it. I got a life that is outsid eof the forum.

Knobs says the old post will get moved over eventually and that would be cool. This forum must have had 15 million posts on it, so give em time.

I have not tried to post on my Kindle yet, but will do so down the road.

Personaly I think those who gave up, either got **bleep** when they could log on and had a 20 year old email addy, or just looked at the screen and gave it a big "this sucks" rating.

The GC/MF heads gave ya a free forum on there dime, how cool is that when you think about it. They could have just pilled the plug on the whole thing. I might even go back to MF/GC on some purchases.

I get back my correct post count down the road I am sure, plus.

Just my opinion, and comments are sure welcome.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Mikeo wrote:

Anyone that has played around with it a bit. I absolutely have no issues with it. I played with it a bit and the first day, and got used to it.

It's fast as all H@ll. 

the Pokeman Smiles got to go, but Ryan and company are artist and I think they will come upo with some decent ones down the road. They will not look like stuff you see on V Bulletin I am sure.

Pic insert is a lil confusing and browse from another site seems wrong, it actually bring up stuff in you computer.You also have to titel up a image. I full get it tough, so no biggie.

There should have been a lil intro and heads up with the mods, and more of a chance for them to play.

Someone onTOJ said it crashed, but I have no idea, that post was written at 10pm on a saturday night. I hope it was from and Iphone at a club, but I doubt it. I got a life that is outsid eof the forum.

Knobs says the old post will get moved over eventually and that would be cool. This forum must have had 15 million posts on it, so give em time.

Personaly I think those who gave up, either got **bleep** when they could log on and had a 20 year old email addy, or just looked at the screen and gave it a big "this sucks" rating.

The GC/MF heads gave ya a free forum on there dime, how cool is that when you think about it. They could have just pilled the plug on the whole thing. I might even go back to MF/GC on some purchases.

As for moving the old OJ over, it's just a folder on the server just like every other forum here.  All that has to be done is drag and drop it into the off topic folder.  I moved over the sticky with our music for an hour to test that, and I even posted a few times in the old forum and that worked also.  The only problem was that the format changed a little, got wider as we'd prefer it but it collided with the GC floater ad.  So I had to put it back and I think they had to fix the format for me.

However, they don't want to do this yet.  Maybe they don't want the extra load on the servers, but frankly, with all apologies to Craig (who I think may have been blindsided about this) there must be some upper level dissension about whether OJ should come back at all.  We shall see what happens.

Terry D.

Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Mikeo
      Mikeo commented
      Editing a comment

MrKnobs wrote:

Mikeo wrote:

It's fast as all H@ll. 

As for moving the old OJ over, it's just a folder on the server just like every other forum here.  All that has to be done is drag and drop it into the off topic folder.  I moved over the sticky with our music for an hour to test that, and I even posted a few times in the old forum and that worked also.  The only problem was that the format changed a little, got wider as we'd prefer it but it collided with the GC floater ad.  So I had to put it back and I think they had to fix the format for me.

However, they don't want to do this yet.  Maybe they don't want the extra load on the servers, but frankly, with all apologies to Craig (who I think may have been blindsided about this) there must be some upper level dissension about whether OJ should come back at all.  We shall see what happens.

Terry D.

I think he was left out of the loop for sure.

So far he has done a really great job on this, and he and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff music wise. No biggie on that. I think he and others have been a great advoctae to keep OJ and the HC forums when they could have killed the whole thing.

Hanging there Knobs and I think peeps will come back or I am hoping they will. Over time.

That is all to be seen though.

Oh and I'm familar with FTP file drop and drags, if it's an FPT type of thing. Still 4 millon files does take more thana few seconds to do. Especially if there's photos and music that someone uploaded. 

• I Play Um
      I Play Um commented
      Editing a comment

I'm thinking people just looked and dont wanna deal with the change.

Like Mikeo I tooled around here and read some post how others were dealing with the differences and have no trouble working this place.

I havent been around as long as some...and I do think there was some insult felt by the way this all came about.

I hope everyone gets over it cause face it...its the poasters that make the place.

Working...
X