Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a 26" LCD for $99 last night,

I went to Target with my wife last night and I found a 26" Sony flatscreen new in the box tucked away in the furniture section of the store. The original price was $299 but clearanced tagged at $99. My guess is that someone hid it to buy later. I took it and went back to the tv section but there were no mere left otherwise I would've bought a couple more for our guestrooms.

I plugged it in and it works. My son is going away for college in the fall and the tv will make a nice addition to his dorm room.

member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

We recently upgraded to a 26" HD LED TV. 

It tucks away in to a cabinet.

LG is what I got and it was close to 300 bucks.

I really hate most TV shows and most movies. I recently watch a 7 year old flick I got off free on demand called Ambulance Girl. No blow ups, special fx or nutting. I liked it, but I don't think most peeps would.

My cable bill is close to 100 bucks a month. I swore last year I was gonna cancel it.My wife likes TV shows and records crap weekly.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• guitarman
      guitarman commented
      Editing a comment

Mikeo wrote:

We recently upgraded to a 26" HD LED TV. 

It tucks away in to a cabinet.

LG is what I got and it was close to 300 bucks.

I really hate most TV shows and most movies. I recently watch a 7 year old flick I got off free on demand called Ambulance Girl. No blow ups, special fx or nutting. I liked it, but I don't think most peeps would.

My cable bill is close to 100 bucks a month. I swore last year I was gonna cancel it.My wife likes TV shows and records crap weekly.

My cable is bundled with my internet and phone and I pay close to $200/month.

Comcast charges me $7 to rent the internet modem, $9.99 for an HD reciever and $1.99 per regular cable box plus other odds and ends. The only premium channel I have is Starz. It's a rip-off. I'm going to stop the cable when my son leaves for college but I'll keep the internet as it's the only provider with decent speeds. 

I'm thinking of stopping my landline telephone as well but I'm old school and I don't trust my cell phone 100%. 

Watch gonna do? It's the 21st century and we gotta have this crap.

guitarman wrote:

I went to Target with my wife last night and I found a 26" Sony flatscreen new in the box tucked away in the furniture section of the store. The original price was $299 but clearanced tagged at $99. My guess is that someone hid it to buy later. I took it and went back to the tv section but there were no mere left otherwise I would've bought a couple more for our guestrooms.

I plugged it in and it works. My son is going away for college in the fall and the tv will make a nice addition to his dorm room.

oh, nice score. Keep the box, so when ya move it, it doesn't snap in 1/2

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I bought a 32" from Wallyworld last fall.  Under 250 bucks plus tax I think.  For my kid's dorm room.  These things are getting real cheap.

Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

• Mikeo
        Mikeo commented
        Editing a comment

hammergjh wrote:

I bought a 32" from Wallyworld last fall.  Under 250 bucks plus tax I think.  For my kid's dorm room.  These things are getting real cheap.

yep.

Cheap enough where even I don't mind spring cash on one.

you can still spring a grand or so on one of the big 50 plus inch ones.

Working...
    X