Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to cook fries again tomorrow.

Some of you may be aware that I am the happy and proud new owner of a fryer of the deeply fat variety. On the day of purchase I gently carried it home before giving it a wash and then filling it with fresh new oil. I then attempted to cook some chips in it but alas used an inferior brand of potato; an unknown variety I got cheaply in Aldi. The spuds in question make ok mash but they are a miserable failure with regard to their performance as chips. They came out soggy and not nice at all.

I have, however, learned the error of my ways and returned to Aldi wherein I have managed to acquire some potatoes of the "Golden Wonder" variety as opposed to the "White Garden Potatoes" of dubious provenance previously purchased. I plan to have a go at these tomorrow evening even though fries more than once a week are not recommended by the health brigade. the health brigade can go and **************** themselves - I'm over 50, I drink like a fish but I weigh less than 11 and a half stone and wake each morning with an erection so huge that I have to take care getting out of bed lest I pole vault out through the window.

I'll either do beefburgers or lemon marinated chicken with them. And a nice bottle of merlot.eat

Attached Files
    "Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

do you give them 2 dunks in the oil to ensure crispatude?

┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

Comment

• EddietheCartboy
      EddietheCartboy commented
      Editing a comment

• blackpig
      blackpig commented
      Editing a comment

I always do them twice - 140? for seven minutes to be sure they're cooked and then at 190? to be sure to be sure.

blackpig wrote:

Some of you may be aware that I am the happy and proud new owner of a fryer of the deeply fat variety. On the day of purchase I gently carried it home before giving it a wash and then filling it with fresh new oil. I then attempted to cook some chips in it but alas used an inferior brand of potato; an unknown variety I got cheaply in Aldi. The spuds in question make ok mash but they are a miserable failure with regard to their performance as chips. They came out soggy and not nice at all.

I have, however, learned the error of my ways and returned to Aldi wherein I have managed to acquire some potatoes of the "Golden Wonder" variety as opposed to the "White Garden Potatoes" of dubious provenance previously purchased. I plan to have a go at these tomorrow evening even though fries more than once a week are not recommended by the health brigade. the health brigade can go and **************** themselves - I'm over 50, I drink like a fish but I weigh less than 11 and a half stone and wake each morning with an erection so huge that I have to take care getting out of bed lest I pole vault out through the window.

I'll either do beefburgers or lemon marinated chicken with them. And a nice bottle of merlot.eat

we were given a Fry Daddy along time ago and never even tried it, It sat up un my attic for year until we gave it away,

I guess you can fry anything in one, including Twinkies, which are gone for ever.

Attached Files

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• blackpig
      blackpig commented
      Editing a comment
      Just you wait until you see the burgers I'm going to cook tonight. i bought a pound of minced dead cow and I've already softened some chopped onion and garlic to mix with it along with some herbs. Then I'll fry them in olive oil before putting them in lightly toasted burger buns along with some tomato, thinly sliced raw onion and lettuce. I'm positively salivating with the thought.

Working...
X