No announcement yet.

Here is a picture of my drums.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a picture of my drums.

You can't see it, but I assure you that it is quite spectacular.

I wish you were here to see it with me. I miss you.

Spoon me?

I can see them and you can haz spoon.

Comment

*drumsturbates flamadiddily*
      my p0asting days are numb bird...

Comment

• Mikeo
        Mikeo commented
        Editing a comment

My drum set looks kinda like this, but it's in a see through amber yellow color.

I can't remember when I bought it, but it was in the late 90's. I had gone through a couple of drum machines and could never get them to sound quite right.

I spent just as much money on used cymbals. I could believe how costly they were. I have a The good stuff sounds good and the bad stuff sounds really bad. I have Evans head on the kit. Zildjain K ride and a K crash, the hh is by Sabin, and is some Jack DeJohnette signature model. I had actually never heard of the guy before owning the kit

I actually didn't know how to play the drums at the time, but a friend of mine that was going through a divorce left his vintage Ludwig kit at my house and after like a year of looking at it I sat down on the thing and worked on keeping a beat. The drums have this high learning curve to get the whole groove thing happening. A month later I bought my won kit, cause I didn't want to break or damage my buddies kit.  I'm still not that good, but i'm happier with real drums than I was ever with a drum machine.

I'm always adding stuff  here and there.

The hardware is really nice on the Premier kit, but I have seen better, on real pricey custom stuff.

I just purchased waht I like the sound of naturally. I can then take mics and try to get that on to the recorder. Ijust use the old Gyn Johns method of micing. I'm not a huge fan of close micing, but I understand why peeps do it. 

Make music with real instruments and musicians, not machines

Attached Files

Working...
    X