Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grateful Dead

There wasn't enough LSD in all of the bay area to make THAT band interesting....pfft.....

gd

Attached Files
    MERELY LAVISH

In retrospect, yes. For 99% of the crowd, the actual music was the last reason that you went to a concert. They were like the macro version of everyone's favorite hometown band, warts and all. Some nights, they surprised you and actually caught hold of something, however briefly.  

Let that boy boogie woogie. It in him, an' it got to come out.

Comment

• Jerry_Lev
      Jerry_Lev commented
      Editing a comment

My drummer went to more shows than many Deadheads, but he was only there for the partying. He doesn't really care much for their music. Of course, we make him play it anyway. :catwink:

Damn hippies
    This is my signature. No one would ever know, though, because it looks just like my post. :failol:

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Comment

People caught up in all the attendant **************** at a show often missed the boat. Even the band was weary of that **************** but hey, the hand that feeds...

They had a working repertoire of about 400 songs, often pulled out without really any practice. The fact that 99% of bands- especially today- play the same set list night after night..,it would beyond tedious and is..,as to whether the band rocked, depended on the era and the night. You listen to stuff from 69-77!and it is really some special tightness. Jerry was a monster on guitar back then. Tat they became lesser players and began to rely on a certain amount of fluff was where it all started to fall apart.

I ammo Deadhead, but I have seen so many bands in my life that I know the Dead, when they put it together, we're unlike any band that I ever heard. All those idiots at the scene couldn't ruin the peaking and amazing synergy that occurred. It was almost all Jerry's playing, as he was the guy with that juice so few ever have. Man he could play.

Comment

• Voltan
        Voltan commented
        Editing a comment

obama may soon outlaw ammo deadheads...    please be careful....

Working...
    X