Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best strap locks?

I have Schallers and the horse shoe shaped thing gradually flips upside down and pops off the strap button. This has happened 3 times. Unacceptable.

Can you recommend anything better?

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Other than screwing in a big washer to keep the strap from working it's way off the button, I can't think of anything else.

I use Schallers on my straps but I regulary check and tighten the nut and I always make sure that the horseshoe opening is always facing up. Not a big deal for me to check the straps once in a while.

member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

• notgonnadoit
      notgonnadoit commented
      Editing a comment

Just keep them tight. They are the best of the bunch.

spacecommando wrote:

I have Schallers and the horse shoe shaped thing gradually flips upside down and pops off the strap button. This has happened 3 times. Unacceptable.

My AmDe Strat came with those, and I hate them. Get the locking straps and be done with it.

Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

• spacecommando
      spacecommando commented
      Editing a comment

Imma go tighten my nuts.

spacecommando wrote:

Schallers are decent, put the horseshoe thing facing up on your strap. You will never loose it again.

I have also had them unhook.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• nice keetee
      nice keetee commented
      Editing a comment

Mikeo wrote:

spacecommando wrote:

Schallers are decent, put the horseshoe thing facing up on your strap. You will never loose it again.

I have also had them unhook.

why we put horse shoes nailed this way on barns for good luck too

Working...
X