Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is America hooked on violence?

I think yes. We will allow all kinds of violence in our movies and TV, but sex is still taboo.

Our big hit TV shows are showing humans smashing "human" faces in, but it's cool because they 

are just animated coprses.  Wanna bet the new Sly Stallone movie will be 10 times more violent than

anything Rambo or Rocky ever did?

sheesh.

And we wonder why ppl are shooting kids and neighbors, as well as family that they are fighting with.

When I was growing up, seeing a kid riding his bike with a .22 rifle wouldn't have been unusual, and

no one would call Homeland Security. The American ppl have changed. Desensitized to violence.

We come to expect it, or we are disappointed.

Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Hooked on phonics, we are

8 pr boxers
    3 pr jeans
    7 tee shirts
    2 pr shoes

Comment

• I Play Um
      I Play Um commented
      Editing a comment

I'm going long on this one..I'm gonna reach....

I think we have always been exposed to violence. The difference from when I was a kid and now..I was expected to be responsible..There were consequences for my actions..And I couldn't easily get away with anything.

Its very easy to blame things we are exposed to..Perhaps we should blame things that some of us are no longer exposed to...Responsible parenting! Also a feeling of responsibility toward community .

In our PC world everyone has an excuse for everything and it hurts us.

Hell no, and I oughta kick yer ass fer sayin it is :catmad:

Tone is in the sphincter!! Pull my finger!

Comment

• tuco
      tuco commented
      Editing a comment

We ****************ing love it, and you know it. That's why I watch football, to watch black guys smash into

each othe at high speeds. :cathappy:

Working...
X