Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy brought in a National steel mandolin on "Pawn Stars".

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy brought in a National steel mandolin on "Pawn Stars".

I knew it had to be worth some bucks. The ****************************s gave him $500.
    it was rough, but playable.
    It's not a lie if you believe it. ~ Art Vandalay

yup they fixed it up nice for $150. Now they'll sell it for $2,000

Comment

The American Way

Buy Low

Sell High
      My HC Classified Thread

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More

Comment

I have no problem with them making a buck, that's what they do. It's just that the "expert" told the seller that it was worth up to $1000,
        then they offered him $500, saying it was in rough shape. It did look bad, the pickguard was missing, but the biscuit and the metal was all there. So the guy replaces the pickguard, buffs it out, and restrings it for $150, then tells them it's now worth $2000. That wasn't honest,
        IMO. Three times their investment, while the seller gets 1/4 what it was worth + $150 worth of work?

Comment

They LOVE to ask people where they got the item. This guy found the mandolin in a basement of a house. Assuming it was his to take, they
          will point out that he didn't pay for it, so he isn't out anything. If he had found 10 ounces of gold, i'll bet that argument wouldn't work.
          The guy still should have been told by the "expert" that if it's fixed up, it could be worth $2000---not $1000.

Comment

yup they fixed it up nice for $150. Now they'll sell it for $2,000

probably, the National mandolin is interesting but not prize, too plunky, but cool.

I have seen the ad for Storage Wars and they open one storage locker at the beginning of the show that shows a ton of guitar cases. I have always wondered what was in those cases and what was on that show.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

probably, the National mandolin is interesting but not prize, too plunky, but cool.

I have seen the ad for Storage Wars and they open one storage locker at the beginning of the show that shows a ton of guitar cases. I have always wondered what was in those cases and what was on that show.

I had to laugh, when the "old man" had never heard of "National" brand, the fat kid,
              either. They've never seen a Dobro?

Comment

Guitars?
                I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

Comment

why do you hate the open market economy ?

Comment

why do you hate the open market economy ?

I hate seeing people lied to. The "expert" said one thing to the seller, another to the
                    Pawn boys. He also gets paid by the Pawn shop to give the appraisal. Something
                    stinks.

Comment

It's a pawn shop. You don't sell at a pawn shop to get a good deal. You sell at a pawn shop because you're desperate.

Comment

It's a pawn shop. You don't sell at a pawn shop to get a good deal. You sell at a pawn shop because you're desperate.

true

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

My favorite part of that show is watching the horrible people sell family heirlooms for a couple hundred or thousand bucks.

People are ****************ed up.

Comment

Who the hell takes a Lamborghini to a damn pawn shop?

Comment

Watching it last night, they had some **************************** trying to sell an Olympic torch. He was actually lucky enough to run in the 84 Olympics with it.

He wanted $5000 but was willing to take $1500. Said he wanted to buy surfboards and wetsuits.

Comment

Working...
                              X