Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Update. Meow.

So, the neighborhood cat has been miserable the last couple of days, due to the snow & cold winds. It has been hanging around my house meowing up a storm, but when I go out to find/feed/water it it disappears.

Disappearing is dumb, unless you're invisible, but if you were, you couldn't disappear because you would never have had appeared.

It's all very confusing.

The landlady of the next-door house that this cat hangs out around removed the water dish from the front porch; she probably feels that it's not a good thing to have to walk past when she's showing the house. I can't blame her.

So I guess I'm going to put a water dish out in my front yard, behind the holly bush, and put a can of food out from time to time.

I'm just not a fan of cats in general; not a cat-fancier. FML

do kitties eat turtles?

Comment

• nice keetee
      nice keetee commented
      Editing a comment

• Pigger
      Pigger commented
      Editing a comment

nice keetee wrote:

do kitties eat turtles?

Probably would if they could, but cats' claws are not long enough to get into the turtles' shells. If they caught one out napping in the sun they might kill it or mess with it. Dogs are worse around box turtles, if they're big enough to pick up the turtle in their jaws. I can't keep the cats out of my backyard, so the turtles have to fend for themselves most of the time. There are always cat tracks in the backyard.

Harvey is so aggressive that he's probably hunt a cat while the cat was hunting him. I caught him in a standoff with a roadrunner once; they were about 1 1/2 feet apart, just staring at each other. I ran the bird off; they kill turtles regularly.  I'm thinking that a turtle can out-wait just about any other critter, but if Harvey went after a cat he might be vulnerable at some point.

Cat poo smells liek ****************
    Stupidity around here is spreading quicker than an STD at a nymphomaniac convention.

Comment

• Pigger
      Pigger commented
      Editing a comment

Belva wrote:

For sure. They use my dirt front yard as a litterbox frequently; I have to watch my step there.

• nice keetee
      nice keetee commented
      Editing a comment

Belva wrote:

like your poo don't stink and :catembarrassed:

Working...
X