Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shark attack!

some poor bastard was having a quiet swim yesterday and got eaten by a great white.FFS! geeeeesus! im not swimming in the ocean ever again. imagine it...the gnashing of razor sharp teefs,the thrashing monsters evil eye as it lunges and then that hopeless feeling of knowing that this is it.it probabkly never occured to him that he wouldbe shark bait.makes me shudder just thinking about it.stay out of the water is my advice.

the world is your crabstick

Kunac wrote:

some poor bastard was having a quiet swim yesterday and got eaten by a great white.FFS! geeeeesus! im not swimming in the ocean ever again. imagine it...the gnashing of razor sharp teefs,the thrashing monsters evil eye as it lunges and then that hopeless feeling of knowing that this is it.it probabkly never occured to him that he wouldbe shark bait.makes me shudder just thinking about it.stay out of the water is my advice.

I saw that on the news this morning.

Shark bait for sure.

My wife said she saw jaws the movie in 1976 and won't swim in the ocean anymore. Me If figure there's a greater rish of being killed on the drive to the ocean.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Professor Tom
      Professor Tom commented
      Editing a comment

Weird thing about shark attacks, when I was 16 years old and living in Cape Town (my parents emigrated from Scotland) we used to go surfing at Muizenberg on the Indian Ocean side and I never saw a shark in the water. A friend who was called up for nine months training in the South African Navy flew over that beach in a helicopter and told me that about 500 yards beyond the surf the place was heaving with sharks, thousands of them but no-one was attacked closer in to the beach, in fact I cannot remember anyone being attacked at all. We are talking here 1966-1968 time period. These days that same stretch of coast has quite a few shark attacks (Seal Island is fairly close by-a notorious great white shark area) and I can only conclude that tourist boats pouring buckets of blood and rotting fish heads into the ocean might have something to do with it. Something has changed in shark behaviour that is for sure.

Kunac wrote:

Yes getting eaten alive isnt my cup of tea...

I've been meaning to ask you about something regarding your oceans over there.

There was a cable show on that featured your life guard system. It appears all your beaches are full of rocks and gaint swirling waves.

Even the life guardes were getting half drown.

Why on earth do you folks swim in the ocean? Seems like diving into a whirlpool!

Comment

Working...
    X