Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most believable "post-apocalyptic" movie.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most believable "post-apocalyptic" movie.

"Children of Men" is on SyFy this morning, and it is an awesome flick. It is scary to me because the

premise is so beleivable. Women all over the world become infertile, and immigration/citizenship is

a huge issue. The way the movie is shot is action-packed, but not in the typical "Hollywood" way.

King Crimson and Pink Floyd references help.

MERELY LAVISH

The factions and religious/cultural aspect of the story was realistic too, IMO.

Micheal Caine was awesome with his "Strawberry Cough", which is something I have actually

experienced. :cathappy:

MERELY LAVISH

Comment

• tuco
      tuco commented
      Editing a comment

"The Book of Eli" was pretty beleivable, too.

It made me want to wake up my kids and give them a hug.

Comment

• tuco
      tuco commented
      Editing a comment

Then kill them and eat them?

• nice keetee
      nice keetee commented
      Editing a comment

Pandorasbox wrote:
      It made me want to wake up my kids and give them a hug.

that's what you're supposed to feel like

Nope, was going to hide them in my box.

Comment

• tuco
      tuco commented
      Editing a comment

one can never go back

tuco wrote:

"Children of Men" is on SyFy this morning, and it is an awesome flick. It is scary to me because the

premise is so beleivable. Women all over the world become infertile, and immigration/citizenship is

a huge issue. The way the movie is shot is action-packed, but not in the typical "Hollywood" way.

The violence in the film is incredibly realistic.  The sudden explosion walking down the street, and that completely badass fight between the tank and the people in the building with bullets flying through the walls everywhere was horrifying.   I like that the main d00d wasn't some badass DieHard ninja stealth killer type, just an ordinary guy trying to survive and GTFO.  As far as I can remember, he never even picked up a gun.

Terry D.

Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• tuco
      tuco commented
      Editing a comment

MrKnobs wrote:

tuco wrote:

The violence in the film is incredibly realistic.  The sudden explosion walking down the street, and that completely badass fight between the tank and the people in the building with bullets flying through the walls everywhere was horrifying.   I like that the main d00d wasn't some badass DieHard ninja stealth killer type, just an ordinary guy trying to survive and GTFO.  As far as I can remember, he never even picked up a gun.

Terry D.

Agreed. That's really why I started the thread. That movie had my full attention all the way thru.

I don't think he ever touched a gun, yet was an awesome action hero nevertheless. The ending

gives you a tiny bit of hope for mankind, tho. Just an excellent story.

Working...
X