Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good PC laptop brand nowadays?

My macbook pro broke after using it for one and a half years. I fixed it, but I think the next time I will buy a windows. I never owned one in my entire life, but considering how overpriced Macs are I think I'm ready to switch.

Any suggestions? Lenovo looks like a nice brand.

Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

I bought a used HP Pavilion back in 09, when I was going to school. It's been great. No issues.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

• Bandard
      Bandard commented
      Editing a comment

I trust Toshiba

Not sure if I should trust these new Chinese brands
    Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

I wouldn't ever touch a Dell or Lenovo again. 

We've had good luck with recent HPs though a few years ago they were crap.

Have had GREAT luck with Sony Vaios. I'm on my third, and my wife is on her 2nd. We both are delighted with our latest machines. My little 11" that was no bigger than a DVD player was my road warrior for over 5 years before it just got too slow to keep up with current software. I finally retired it last spring but it still runs.

My 5 yr. old Thinkpad from Lenovo still kicks ass like brand-new. There are fancier ones out there but, this one serves my needs well....and then some.

Comment

Working...
    X