No announcement yet.

This is one reason why I'm so mofo-ing tired

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one reason why I'm so mofo-ing tired

I got a nice lil email forwarded  to me from the Dean, so at least they know I'm a team playa. I have worked with the STEM program for a like a decade and have done countless labs with the HS students You get a nice thank you like once every 5 years.

That's like a Kudos +10

So what ya do on you spring break for a couple of days, Mike?

Mike generously opened the Physics Lab during Spring Break so that I could bring 40 Honors and College Prep physics students and perform a lab that we at the high school lack the equipment to do.  Not only did Mike open the lab to us, but he prepped all the equipment, taught me and my students how to use it, and provided enthusiastic support while we worked.

Now here's is something interesting and the whole picture is starting to come together. I did another STEM event last year and it went over awesome. There's an assistant professor that denied a full professor thing. The STEM peeps emailed me to get involved again this year and I mentioned it to her. In our conversation she said this was an important event, ok. I told her we did it last year and more peeps should get involved. Nobody want in the past few year, however she is all gung ho about this now and said he would fully cover it. Kind of interesting that she would step up and become a volunteer now.

Ha ha ha, I did it cause I thought it was a good idea, good PR and had a lil extra time, but talk about kissing ass when it counts.

Lookie what I did, can I get my full professorship thing now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MxvIJJqRSYE/Tjr4pT2TJAI/AAAAAAAAAFw/a-S9-iGBYxM/s1600/Look-at-Me.jpg

how about now

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/\_\_cb20110719123740/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/2/2b/Attention\_Whore.jpg/180px-Attention\_Whore.jpg

Attached Files

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

ooo

Attached Files
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay

Comment

Mikeo wrote:

I got a nice lil email forwarded  to me from the Dean, so at least they know I'm a team playa. I have worked with the STEM program for a like a decade and have done countless labs with the HS students You get a nice thank you like once every 5 years.

That's like a Kudos +10

So what ya do on you spring break for a couple of days, Mike?

Mike generously opened the Physics Lab during Spring Break so that I could bring 40 Honors and College Prep physics students and perform a lab that we at the high school lack the equipment to do.  Not only did Mike open the lab to us, but he prepped all the equipment, taught me and my students how to use it, and provided enthusiastic support while we worked.

Now here's is something interesting and the whole picture is starting to come together. I did another STEM event last year and it went over awesome. There's an assistant professor that denied a full professor thing. The STEM peeps emailed me to get involved again this year and I mentioned it to her. In our conversation she said this was an important event, ok. I told her we did it last year and more peeps should get involved. Nobody want in the past few year, however she is all gung ho about this now and said he would fully cover it. Kind of interesting that she would step up and become a volunteer now.

Ha ha ha, I did it cause I thought it was a good idea, good PR and had a lil extra time, but talk about kissing ass when it counts.

Lookie what I did, can I get my full professorship thing now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MxvIJJqRSYE/Tjr4pT2TJAI/AAAAAAAAAFw/a-S9-iGBYxM/s1600/Look-at-Me.jpg

how about now

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/\_\_cb20110719123740/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/2/2b/Attention\_Whore.jpg/180px-Attention\_Whore.jpg

Kewl!

My son is going to do a STEM 'thingy' over the summer. AAMOF, one of his scholorships is STEM related. It's good to see that the government is trying to nurture our Science, Technology, Engineering and mathmatics students. 

Attached Files
      member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

• isaac42
        isaac42 commented
        Editing a comment

While other factions in the government are working to minimize the chances of those children getting decent jobs.

Working...
    X