Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pleasant evening in the railway club.

My model railway club is taking part in a local model transport exhibition over Easter. Tonight we sat around and planned some of it in between helping a member with Parkinson's disease getting his gauge 1 quartering jig to work.

I rebuilt two old Hornby Class 47 locos recently; I gave them both a run around the club's test track this evening and the one with the modern motor and chassis ran like ****************e; the older one with the cheapo running gear ran impeccably. They are both painted in Cotswold Rail livery - the company is now defunct but at one time it was run by a fan of 70s British punk. He named some of his locos after punk musos and that's why I modelled them that way; they both have etched nameplates, one bearing the name "Joe Strummer" and the other "Captain Sensible".

I was hoping to run them at the exhibition but the one that runs like ****************e will probably need its wheels regauged - it derails coming out of a bend onto a straight bit of track.

I'll run a couple of CIE 141 Class locos double headed with a rake of British Rail MK 1 coaches which I've repainted in 1960s CIE livery. That'll get the old guys reminiscing about Summer trips to Rosslare beach with flasks of tea and banananannna sammiches.

"Now you've opened a whole sheetload of pain on everyone here, with all your black pudding insaneness." - Zygoat2

"I'm excited. Nothing turns chicks on more than a fat guy with a flying V playing Monkees songs!" - Sydfan

"Phuck you and your pseudo toaster." - Silas Dean

Sounds like a good time.

Did ya blow anything up like Gomez?

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• blackpig
      blackpig commented
      Editing a comment
      We haven't had a train blown up here since the IRA disbanded. They blew up the Belfast railway line once or twice and then found it was more cost effective to simply call the police and pretend that there was a bomb. The line would shut down for a week while they looked for it.

blackpig wrote:

My model railway club is taking part in a local model transport exhibition over Easter. Tonight we sat around and planned some of it in between helping a member with Parkinson's disease getting his gauge 1 quartering jig to work.

I rebuilt two old Hornby Class 47 locos recently; I gave them both a run around the club's test track this evening and the one with the modern motor and chassis ran like ****************e; the older one with the cheapo running gear ran impeccably. They are both painted in Cotswold Rail livery - the company is now defunct but at one time it was run by a fan of 70s British punk. He named some of his locos after punk musos and that's why I modelled them that way; they both have etched nameplates, one bearing the name "Joe Strummer" and the other "Captain Sensible".

I was hoping to run them at the exhibition but the one that runs like ****************e will probably need its wheels regauged - it derails coming out of a bend onto a straight bit of track.

I'll run a couple of CIE 141 Class locos double headed with a rake of British Rail MK 1 coaches which I've repainted in 1960s CIE livery. That'll get the old guys reminiscing about Summer trips to Rosslare beach with flasks of tea and banananannna sammiches.

Any excuse to wear an engineer's cap, right, BP?

pp

Attached Files
    Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

• OU8124ME
      OU8124ME commented
      Editing a comment

Working...
X