Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous guitarist coming to record here Monday...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61





    Originally posted by cloudnine





    He's paying YOU to do the session







    Yep. He tossed a wad of cash on the mixing board after last night's session.



    All he originally wanted (and I guess he might go back to this idea) was to cut some drum tracks at my place that he could work with on his computer at home.



    But we ripped through five tunes last night, and he was so impressed with the quality that he decided to do the album here.



    He's coming back to recut all the guitar tracks and some of the backing vocal tracks. The POD stuff will all be replaced with one or more of his amps miked up. Couldn't do that last night as I only have one soundproofed room and the drums were in it.



    There was one insane thing he did last night that made me turn around and look at him. He was playing and singing a track at the same time, and I heard him playing a riff on the low strings and also playing a high-pitched whiny/crazy lead double stop thing on the high strings. For a second I thought I must be losing it and had recorded another guitar part on the tape but when I looked around he was actually doing all three things at the same time. The low riff was with his index finger and thumb hooked around, and the high beating stuff was his ring finger and pinky stretched about five frets from the root of what he was playing.



    Wow.



    Terry D.
    Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

    Comment


    • #62
      So do we get to see if a Dumble is REALLY worth that 25k
      - Sean.

      Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

      Comment


      • #63





        Originally posted by cloudnine

        So do we get to see if a Dumble is REALLY worth that 25k



        You get to hear it. I think it's safe to post a short clip of something that has no vocals.



        If he really has a Dumble. I'm pretty sure the drummer told me that.



        Terry D.
        Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

        Comment


        • #64
          Yay, clip.



          And no more POD, too.



          AND he gives you cash.



          Terry's a happy guy, methinks.



          You're still playing on the album though, hes not recording your tracks?
          - Sean.

          Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

          Comment


          • #65





            Originally posted by cloudnine

            Yay, clip.



            And no more POD, too.



            AND he gives you cash.



            Terry's a happy guy, methinks.



            You're still playing on the album though, hes not recording your tracks?




            Oh hell no, I'm not playing on his album. I'm not in the same universe as this guy is.



            Except as a sound guy.



            Terry D.
            Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

            Comment


            • #66





              Originally posted by MrKnobs





              Oh hell no, I'm not playing on his album. I'm not in the same universe as this guy is.



              Except as a sound guy.



              Terry D.




              Really?



              That's kinda disappointing. I really like your playing.
              - Sean.

              Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

              Comment


              • #67





                Originally posted by cloudnine





                Really?



                That's kinda disappointing. I really like your playing.




                Thanks, but this guy's the real deal. I wasn't kidding! He's been on countless national tours and he looks maybe 30 to me.



                I don't really care for his music (on this project). Normally, he clones other people. His SRV imitation is ****************in' scary.



                But this stuff I'd call modern, heavy rock. Monster riffage, pounding drums, detuned bass and guitar. Huge sound. Strange whiny chromatic vocals on top. I don't get it, I think I'm too old.



                For instance he'll record a thin, meandering pitch vocal and then record two or three more with different meandering pitches so they'll interact and make beat frequencies with each other. He's sort of creating a human chorus box. Then he'll go back and sing just breath for a few tracks, to make the vocals sound sort of creepy.



                Sorry for the confusion though. I'm in no way involved in this project other than recording it. He asked my opinion a couple of times on technical matters. Otherwise, he is producing it himself and seems to know exactly what he wants.



                Terry D.
                Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

                Comment


                • #68





                  Originally posted by MrKnobs





                  Thanks, but this guy's the real deal. I wasn't kidding! He's been on countless national tours and he looks maybe 30 to me.



                  I don't really care for his music (on this project). Normally, he clones other people. His SRV imitation is ****************in' scary.



                  But this stuff I'd call modern, heavy rock. Monster riffage, pounding drums, detuned bass and guitar. Huge sound. Strange whiny chromatic vocals on top. I don't get it, I think I'm too old.



                  For instance he'll record a thin, meandering pitch vocal and then record two or three more with different meandering pitches so they'll interact and make beat frequencies with each other. He's sort of creating a human chorus box. Then he'll go back and sing just breath for a few tracks, to make the vocals sound sort of creepy.



                  Sorry for the confusion though. I'm in no way involved in this project other than recording it. He asked my opinion a couple of times on technical matters. Otherwise, he is producing it himself and seems to know exactly what he wants.



                  Terry D.




                  Cool

                  Paid is good!!!!

                  Pissed off famous guy is bad

                  I am curious....but I can wait.....if I have too...I guess
                  Medicated for Your Protection

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Well, Knobsie, if he gets uppity, just go into that control room, and yell "I'm TERRY D BITCH" and slap him a good one across the smacker.



                    Keep your pimp hand strong, bud.
                    - Sean.

                    Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Did he tell you that you still have to call him Buckethead?

                      Comment


                      • #71





                        Originally posted by bufa

                        Did he tell you that you still have to call him Buckethead?



                        i was just thinkin it could be him too

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          ...Chris Duarte?...Jimmy Herring?...John Mayer?...



                          "One can never have too many great tones."

                          Comment


                          • #73





                            Originally posted by EdMan57

                            ...Chris Duarte?...Jimmy Herring?...John Mayer?...









                            I was just thinking John Mayer........





                            That would be cool.





                            Mr. Knobs is the worlds greatest troll..







                            If it was John Mayer - well..... John Mayer can afford his own studio is all I'm saying
                            HCGB #289
                            God FAQ

                            http://www.soundclick.com/g33k

                            Comment


                            • #74





                              Originally posted by MrKnobs





                              Thanks, but this guy's the real deal. I wasn't kidding! He's been on countless national tours and he looks maybe 30 to me.



                              I don't really care for his music (on this project). Normally, he clones other people. His SRV imitation is ****************in' scary.



                              But this stuff I'd call modern, heavy rock. Monster riffage, pounding drums, detuned bass and guitar. Huge sound. Strange whiny chromatic vocals on top. I don't get it, I think I'm too old.



                              For instance he'll record a thin, meandering pitch vocal and then record two or three more with different meandering pitches so they'll interact and make beat frequencies with each other. He's sort of creating a human chorus box. Then he'll go back and sing just breath for a few tracks, to make the vocals sound sort of creepy.



                              Sorry for the confusion though. I'm in no way involved in this project other than recording it. He asked my opinion a couple of times on technical matters. Otherwise, he is producing it himself and seems to know exactly what he wants.



                              Terry D.




                              Kenny Wayne Sheppard?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Ian Moore? (Total Badass!)
                                Originally Posted by requiem156


                                Dokken has no album called Storm of Dragons. If they did, the songs would all be about this one dragon who got his heart broken by a mean female dragon. The riffs and solos would be killing, though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X