Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous guitarist coming to record here Monday...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry,

I don't think I've been smoking too much Herb.

I'll be there on time though, don't worry.
    ........__o
    ....._

Comment

Terry,

I don't think I've been smoking too much Herb.

I'll be there on time though, don't worry.
      ........__o
      ....._

Comment

Originally posted by d0zerz

Damnit! Why must you give more ammo to shai

I just report it as it happens, I don't editorialize.

Besides, the guy may intend to do all the guitar tracks over at his place. I'm just supposed to make sure the drums & bass are groovin' and then turn the tracks over when I get paid.

The famous guy in question lives in an apartment, no way he can do drum tracks into his copy of ProTools at home.

Terry D.
        Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Originally posted by d0zerz

Damnit! Why must you give more ammo to shai

Besides, the guy may intend to do all the guitar tracks over at his place. I'm just supposed to make sure the drums & bass are groovin' and then turn the tracks over when I get paid.

The famous guy in question lives in an apartment, no way he can do drum tracks into his copy of ProTools at home.

Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

So who is it?
            Female fronted pop rock - Project 64

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Jim Henson lived with his parents, didn't he?

Originally Posted by mattburnside

I think you may have picked one of very few career paths where being a manchild is an asset.

Comment

So who is it?

I think you may have picked one of very few career paths where being a manchild is an asset.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Terry D.

I'z just playing the shai/marcy game...I understand the devotion to objectivity your field has imposed on you

..besides...I like some POD tones Shai uses em' well

I remember you saying something along the lines of it making more of a difference for 'just breaking up', or subtle OD tones moreso than highgain, which modellers seem to do a pretty good job on. I've never been happy with the 'verge of breakup' tones I get with my modeller, but the high gain tones are very usable. Cleans aren't bad...but I still like my DR better....
                (Everybody knows this is nowhere)

Comment

Terry D.

I'z just playing the shai/marcy game...I understand the devotion to objectivity your field has imposed on you

..besides...I like some POD tones Shai uses em' well

I remember you saying something along the lines of it making more of a difference for 'just breaking up', or subtle OD tones moreso than highgain, which modellers seem to do a pretty good job on. I've never been happy with the 'verge of breakup' tones I get with my modeller, but the high gain tones are very usable. Cleans aren't bad...but I still like my DR better....
                  (Everybody knows this is nowhere)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacetrucker

So who is it?

After, not before.

If the producer of the session allows (not all that likely), I'll try to post a short clip.

Terry D.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacetrucker

So who is it?

After, not before.

If the producer of the session allows (not all that likely), I'll try to post a short clip.

Terry D.

Comment

After, not before.

Terry D.

OK............clues? Would us English dudes have heard of him?

Comment

After, not before.

Terry D.

OK............clues? Would us English dudes have heard of him?

Comment

...at my humble studio.

Probably 50% of you would know his name if I mentioned it. I don't plan to, at least not until the session is over.

Here's the thing - he's bringing a POD.

Terry D.

you cant tell the difference ,that means you! remember our bet? you are supposed to shut up about this. Be a man of your word.

You have been living up to your end of the bargain thus far.

Its the person not the thing that makes the music.

Comment

...at my humble studio.

Probably 50% of you would know his name if I mentioned it. I don't plan to, at least not until the session is over.

Here's the thing - he's bringing a POD.

Terry D.

you cant tell the difference ,that means you! remember our bet? you are supposed to shut up about this. Be a man of your word.

You have been living up to your end of the bargain thus far.

Its the person not the thing that makes the music.

Comment

Ah yeah that's probably it then. I do scratch tracks with a POD a sometimes when we're tracking bass and drums, so there's no bleed into the drum tracks. Then I re-record the real tracks later with a real amp.

Oh well, have fun anyhow!
                                What The...?
                                http://www.what-the.com
                                http://www.facebook.com/whattherock
                                http://www.myspace.com/whattherock

Comment

Working...
                                X