Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye everyone

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46






    Quote Originally Posted by EddietheCartboy
    View Post

    Assuming this post makes it in, I've enjoyed getting to know you nutjobs. I only got here about a year ago, a migrant from the Guitar World forums. I'm starting to feel like a jinx. I'll try to make it to the "other side", but if that doesn't happen, it's been surreal!






    Ed you are not a/the jinx.



    This whole fiasco started back many years ago, when word of mouth was no longer good for what was good for gear. Between a bit of crazy here and there we actually do take about music. However that wasn't good enough for the new owners of these sites, they wanted no chit chat/ They just wanted to jam the next piece of software or gear that came down the pipeline down your throat. It's all about sell sell sell.
    _____________________________________
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

    Join Date: Aug 2001
    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

    Comment


    • #47






      Quote Originally Posted by EddietheCartboy
      View Post

      Assuming this post makes it in, I've enjoyed getting to know you nutjobs. I only got here about a year ago, a migrant from the Guitar World forums. I'm starting to feel like a jinx. I'll try to make it to the "other side", but if that doesn't happen, it's been surreal!






      Ed you are not a/the jinx.



      This whole fiasco started back many years ago, when word of mouth was no longer good for what was good for gear. Between a bit of crazy here and there we actually do take about music. However that wasn't good enough for the new owners of these sites, they wanted no chit chat/ They just wanted to jam the next piece of software or gear that came down the pipeline down your throat. It's all about sell sell sell.
      _____________________________________
      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

      Join Date: Aug 2001
      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

      Comment


      • #48






        Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad
        View Post

        GET



        A



        LIFE




        You first, sir!



        Terry D.
        Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

        Comment


        • #49






          Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad
          View Post

          GET



          A



          LIFE




          You first, sir!



          Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

          Comment


          • #50
            I wish the old-old-OLD school guitar.com message boards and Miscellaneous forum was still around... I loved the evil we created there...
            "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

            Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

            Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

            Comment


            • Machine Gun
              Machine Gun commented
              Editing a comment
              What a bummer. I finally logged in to OJ again. But thank you for all you did and do Terry D.

          • #51
            In before the lockdown



            No idea why but I will miss the wasted hours here



            I will lift a glass to you all as the world moves on





            lagger

            On Probation!

            Join Date

            Dec 2003

            Location

            Terra Incognito.. Here be Dragons..

            Posts

            19,174
            ┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

            Comment


            • #52
              In before the lockdown



              No idea why but I will miss the wasted hours here



              I will lift a glass to you all as the world moves on
              ┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

              Comment


              • #53
                I blame Boogers and his lies about the Gear Reviews.
                Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

                Comment


                • #54
                  I will go back to doing the only thing I am good at besides masturbation...rolling a really good joint.
                  Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

                  Comment


                  • #55






                    Quote Originally Posted by tuco
                    View Post

                    I will go back to doing the only thing I am good at besides masturbation...rolling a really good joint.




                    sounds good.



                    I will go back to playing my famous G chord.



                    If you want the song in key of A, put a capo on it. I also do G# too.
                    _____________________________________
                    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                    Join Date: Aug 2001
                    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                    Comment


                    • #56
                      OK ..Look ..everybody just calm down and look at this rationally. We all know who's fault this is and waht we have to do. * drinks a few more sips of vodka * I think we can all agree ....we have to get Eddiethe Cartboy.
                      It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

                      Comment


                      • #57






                        Quote Originally Posted by seahorse
                        View Post

                        OK ..Look ..everybody just calm down and look at this rationally. We all know who's fault this is and waht we have to do. * drinks a few more sips of vodka * I think we can all agree ....we have to get Eddiethe Cartboy.




                        [paraphrases Sevie Wonder]



                        "Next stop, Harmony Central.."



                        "Hey driver, I'm gettin' off here...Wow, Hominy Central, just like I pictured it...skyscrapers an' ever'thang!!!"



                        "Hey brother, wanna make five bucks? Here..."



                        "Wut? I... uh, sure..."



                        "HANDS IN THE AIR!!!"



                        "Whut I do??!"
                        Let that boy boogie woogie. It in him, an' it got to come out.

                        Comment


                        • #58
                          Sticky in Political Party by Anderton says that Open Jam (and PP) are going to be here after all, but the old posts will not migrate (I guess meaning it will be a clean slate)....still...good news if the peeps all come back!
                          Thanks, and rock on!

                          Comment


                          • #59
                            Good news .

                            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...HERE-AT-LAUNCH

                            Comment


                            • #60




                              Oh well, we'll always have 'Shiela':






                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqjVE6fIlOc





                              Thanks for the memories, MrKnobs - and I salute all the reprobates who visited OJ over the years. In its prime, OJ was entertainment at its most...visceral.



                              Very best wishes, all.
                              ''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

                              The world's a Hell - what does it matter what happens in it?"

                              (Uncle Charlie, Shadow of a Doubt).

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X