Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live vocal stage mics. What are you using?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live vocal stage mics. What are you using?

I have a couple of older Beyer Dynamics TGX 80's, and some old Shure 58's, but I like the Shure Beta 58's too.

I should order a Shure SM 58 Beta, down the road and may do so.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

senn e935... countryman headset mic / senn wireless when i need a headset.,.
    Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

I wen't way of the beaten path and chose a Sure 57, I know, crazy right!

Comment

Originally posted by Voltan View Post
        senn e935... countryman headset mic / senn wireless when i need a headset.,.
        My buddy uses one of those and it sounds great.

Comment

I usually use a Primo mic I picked up in Japan in 90 or 91, I think. I also have an EV. It's a high output, low feedback design, but I don't think it sounds as good. In another band, we all use SM-58s. Back when I made my living at it, I used an SM-57.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

i,never cared formthe 57’s... no testicularity compared to the old pe 50’s... i still have two pe50’s in good shape that i prefer over the 57 if i couldnt use my sennheiser
            Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

Oh wait...I know this one. They're silver and plastic.....they came 2 in a box when my neighbor bought them ...they're the kind you can hold in your hand with the silver ball on the end....they make your voice louder......???????????????
              It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                Oh wait...I know this one. They're silver and plastic.....they came 2 in a box when my neighbor bought them ...they're the kind you can hold in your hand with the silver ball on the end....they make your voice louder......???????????????
                nice

Comment

I had to check but our church uses a Sennheiser E865 wireless for solo vocals.
                  Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                  Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                  Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                  Member of the Schecter Society
                  Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

SM 58s and Blue encore 100s

Comment

I can happily read articles where Dan Erlewine and Grover Jackson discuss headstock angles but I has no idearrr waht mic I use....mainly, because it's locked up in my neighbor's basement/practice room. I played for a while with a country singer that would obsess about the Shure 58 vs. some slightly different model that had some different dynamic range...and I was like ....o.k....???? I guess that's the difference between a guitar player that sings on the side vs. somebody that's a real singer.
                      It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

• DeepEnd
                        DeepEnd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hear you. I can sing decently but I mostly think of myself as a guitarist. I'd sing into a drum mike in a pinch and probably wouldn't know the difference. I don't obsess over guitar minutiae either beyond is it in tune/in decent condition/does it intonate properly/sound okay?

Always sure. Im SM58 beta. Beta much better than stand. Good for voc recording too

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
                        I wen't way of the beaten path and chose a Sure 57, I know, crazy right!
                        57 is best mic discovery mic. Ive used it for voc live. Good loud guitar mic. Very focused

Comment

Working...
                        X