No announcement yet.

My dog almost always knows what I say, sort

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog almost always knows what I say, sort

She understands the theme and felling when I talk to her, which I do. She knows when I'm about to cry. I'm fld up. She knows most of it

Dogs have a fair amount of empathy from living with humans for thousands of years. I had no doubt our most recent dog understood me.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone View Post
      She understands the theme and felling when I talk to her, which I do. She knows when I'm about to cry. I'm fld up. She knows most of it
      You're not the only one that's got a felling.

I once took a good felling on my walkway, so I know the hurt.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I think it's a carnivore thing. They got that sense so they can find food. You feed them so it's not so important but they still tune in to something.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

naw, mot a carnvore thing... it happens in,other animals as well... even herbivores... a good thing too, since we are herbivorous by nature.
          Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

my lemur has been telling me about the neighbors and their plotting against me...
            Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

She could probably understand you better if you knew how to use spellcheck.
              Last edited by tuco; 03-07-2018, 08:42 AM.
              It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
              Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
              When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

I love dogs but I hate the mean ones.

Comment

She definitely knows what "Fetch the Skippy, girl" means anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
                    She definitely knows what "Fetch the Skippy, girl" means anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltan View Post
                      my lemur has been telling me about the neighbors and their plotting against me...
                      That just means you are the carnivore.
                      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

Last edited by tuco; 03-07-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

My iguanas were that way. They knew when I was stressed or down, and they'd snuggle up to me, and rub their heads against me, as if they were petting and comforting me. They all crossed over the Rainbow Bridge many years ago, but I'll always have a longing for them in my heart. I just never got over losing any of them, which is why I no longer keep pets.
                          Originally posted by MrKnobs
                          God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

• Voltan
                            Voltan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            im sorry for your loss... i seriously miss Mar... Mar Iguana... one of the most personable animals i have had the pleasure of sharing space with... green iguanas kick serious ass...

I once had a dog that was so good at understanding us that we started spelling things when we wanted to talk about stuff in front of her without her understanding, but even that backfired - it didn't take long until she knew what we were spelling. I'm not kidding - if you said l - e - a - s - h, she knew you were talking about taking her for a walk and she'd go grab her leash and bring it to you.

Again, I'm not kidding.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                            I once had a dog that was so good at understanding us that we started spelling things when we wanted to talk about stuff in front of her without her understanding, but even that backfired - it didn't take long until she knew what we were spelling. I'm not kidding - if you said l - e - a - s - h, she knew you were talking about taking her for a walk and she'd go grab her leash and bring it to you.

Again, I'm not kidding.
                            I bet your doggie could spell and had better grammar comprehension than Stoney's doggie.

Just a guess, but if I was a bettn man.

I love Golden Retrievers, but their lifespan in the last 40 years had declined from 17 years to 10 years.

My wife had Shepard's growing up. Great dogs too, same deal with Shepards.

Sumtons very wrong and researchers are doing major studies on why some of these breeds are not living beyond 10 years. My brother Golden Retriever was about 10 years old when she passed.

Talk about a super high cute factor. From a 1-10 rating, I'm give this one a solid 11.

Click image for larger version

Name:	literally-just-29-photos-of-golden-retriever-puppies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	32177347

Comment

Working...
                            X