No announcement yet.

No power, no heat

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power, no heat

The storm turned out to be a whopper! !!!!!! Ton of heavy, thick snow ..many downed trees, commuter rail system shut down. Many roads pretty useless because of all the accidents.

Power we out at 4pm here. The electric company estimates restoration by 11pm tomorrow night. I have candles and flashlights going, but the candle smoke stinks and is giving me a headache. No heat. I can just get under tons of blankets tonight. Oh well.

Cell almost dead. Can't charge. Lost car charger and truck broke down while I was shoveling snow tonight. So I need to get it towed to the shop.

Signing off. No more battery. . . .
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Be strong.

You need one of those girlfriend bed warmers till the storm passes. Like Ginger or Marianne, or both.

They have em in Russia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAY-Viktoria-Ivachyova.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	32174936

Name:	nintchdbpict000298843330.jpg?strip=all&w=715.jpg
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	32174937

Could save your life and hers too.

There must be another lass in need in you area.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Yamaha THR10 Battery Powered

In times like these when you're off the grid, don't be caught with out one.

And a good stash of AA Batteries.

Name:	mnh3swjkcbntfgal6b3q.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	32174973

Name:	ac-33_angle_stand_2_gal.jpg
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	32174974

Comment

Power came back in the early morning hours. YAY! Everything is charging now. I have Heaton center again. Not sure about hot water. Pilot may be out on the hot water heater. A woman would have been good for heat last night, but probably would have been chewing my ears off driving me nuts.

I have a Vox Mini 5 Rhythm which takes 6 AAs. If it weren't so cold, I could have entertained myself with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
          Power came back in the early morning hours. YAY! Everything is charging now. I have Heaton center again. Not sure about hot water. Pilot may be out on the hot water heater. A woman would have been good for heat last night, but probably would have been chewing my ears off driving me nuts.

I have a Vox Mini 5 Rhythm which takes 6 AAs. If it weren't so cold, I could have entertained myself with that.
          probably

Comment

We were fine, only lost power for a few hours. No biggie, many people in the area fared far worse. No snow at least. Dodged a bullet.
            Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

Gonna be 78 for the high here today.

Summer comin' on.....

Comment

We never lost power. The only time I have lost power here for any significant time is when some sub station blew up in the next town over.

We got some real slop yesterday morning (mostly rain) and some of the heaviest stickiest snow I have seen in years in the afternoon. Maybe 4-5" of it.

Summer will becoming soon, we usually seen some nice weather by Memorial Day. That is if we are lucky.

Comment

My niece lives in central Massachusetts. She lost power overnight and thinks one of her trees is toast. Apparently the wind has up rooted it a bit.

Geography is a bit of a bitch. All winter long I watch the North getting hammered. And all summer long my eyes are on the Gulf wondering when the next Harvey or Ike is going to make my life a warm watery Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                    My niece lives in central Massachusetts. She lost power overnight and thinks one of her trees is toast. Apparently the wind has up rooted it a bit.

Geography is a bit of a bitch. All winter long I watch the North getting hammered. And all summer long my eyes are on the Gulf wondering when the next Harvey or Ike is going to make my life a warm watery Hell.
                    Yes it is.

I'm in western mass.

It wasn't too wind in my area.

We got a hurricane that came through in 2011. Irene. Made thing pretty damn wet.

They wan to take down the flood control shuts that were put in by the Army Corp of Engineers back in the 50's

It all sounds good until up get some serious rains from a hurricane.

No one is gonna enjoy the westend cause it's a PCB infested site. Sprague Electric dumped there for decades.

It's a nice idea in the heads of a few hippy dippy folks.

Don't know who is gonna pay for it all, as 1/2 the folks in town are social security disability cases or on welfare. The didn't even have enough money to extend the bike trail into town.

http://hoosicriverrevival.org/

Mass Moca west end which was the old Sprague building.

Name:	0519_massmoca-22.jpg
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	32175139

Comment

A woman would have been good for heat last night, but probably would have been chewing my ears off driving me nuts.
                      Something tells me that sexual activity where you are is very different from where I am...

see above comment...

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                      "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                        Something tells me that sexual activity where you are is very different from where I am...

see above comment...
                        That's assuming you get her to stop talking long enough to have sex. Cripe, she even starts babbling away when I'm plowing her. At least when she has her lips around my knob, I get some peace and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                          Yamaha THR10 Battery Powered

In times like these when you're off the grid, don't be caught with out one.

And a good stash of AA Batteries.

Name:	mnh3swjkcbntfgal6b3q.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	32174973

Name:	ac-33_angle_stand_2_gal.jpg
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	32174974
                          That little Yamaha toy amp is one of the best clean amps I've found. It was like $110

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone View Post

That little Yamaha toy amp is one of the best clean amps I've found. It was like $110
                            Mine is the classic and I got it with a travel bag.

I was more interested in specific classic tones

I have used it a few times live, including at the Passim Club in Cambridge.
                            My Gretsch was a bigger pain in the butt to haul around Cambridge.

I think this will be the year I do a Quilter Micro Pro Combo, Which one I have no idea. The Folks at Quilter said I really should try the 8" speaker one. I really want to try the 10" and 12" combo. No need for the 12" HD, but it's cool too.

I'll want the travel bab and the 6 button foot switch too.

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost power and heat. It's happened to us a few times. It was March 1 many years ago when we moved into our house and that first night there was no heat. Thank God for blankets and someone else's body heat. We have hot water heat and the clutch between the pump and motor had gone out so all the heat stayed in the boiler. It's happened a couple of other times since. Poor design IMHO.
                              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                              Member of the Schecter Society
                              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

• daddymack
                                daddymack commented
                                Editing a comment
                                repeal and replace!
                                and get Mexico to pay for it!
                                Last edited by daddymack; 03-06-2018, 10:56 AM.

• DeepEnd
                                DeepEnd commented
                                Editing a comment
                                HCPP please.
                            Working...
                            X