Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presidents Day who was your favorite/best POTUS?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidents Day who was your favorite/best POTUS?

Mine is Richard Milhouse Nixon.

Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 02-19-2018, 07:00 PM.

Jefferson for me.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
      Mine is Richard Milhouse Nixon.

Do you remember, your President Nixon?
      Do you remember, the bills you have to pay?
      Or even yesterday?

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

FDR and Lincoln, both oversaw and guided our country out of tremendous conflict.. For modern presidents, Clinton and Obama. My family did well under Clinton and under Obama we were able to climb out of a massive hole.
        Last edited by hammergjh; 02-19-2018, 08:02 PM.
        Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

I like the band.

The first 6 presidents were amazing, it's been down hill ever since.

Comment

hard to beat the first one really. First peaceful transfer of power ever.

Comment

• Daehtihs
              Daehtihs commented
              Editing a comment
              My choice too!

Originally posted by MrKnobs
            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

I'm from Illinois originally so I'll always have a soft spot for Lincoln. In more recent years, Carter, not so much for how great a POTUS he was, because he had his shortcomings, but for his character.
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Member of the Schecter Society
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                I'm from Illinois originally so I'll always have a soft spot for Lincoln. In more recent years, Carter, not so much for how great a POTUS he was, because he had his shortcomings, but for his character.
                This the Jimmy Carter I love.
                You can't fault a guy that can pick up a saw and hammer and frame a house, maybe do a little finish work.

I think one of the post requirements of being president, should be to work for Habitat of Humanity a learn a trade.

4 years mandatory service. A few blisters and some real sweat never hurt any one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jimmy-carter-working-with-habitat-for-humanity.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	32167719

Comment

Kenedy. His demise spawned more evidence of this world than any book, course or history teacher ever.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
                    Kenedy. His demise spawned more evidence of this world than any book, course or history teacher ever.
                    Agreed, Kennedy and his brother Robert and also Martin Luther King in U.S. politics were the people's last hope to have a voice in their government. What has happened since their murders has been a slow but steady degradation of citizen and human rights in favor of the so called military industrial complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post

Agreed, Kennedy and his brother Robert and also Martin Luther King in U.S. politics were the people's last hope to have a voice in their government. What has happened since their murders has been a slow but steady degradation of citizen and human rights in favor of the so called military industrial complex.
                      The Kennedy's were very inspirational, when they spoke.

When Ralph Crampton told his wife Alice you're going to the moon, nobody listened. When JFK said were going to the moon, we were all on board.

I believe America was a lot less divided back in the 60's, looking for real social change. The military industrial complex has been alive and well since WWII. Fear and money drives that industry very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

The Kennedy's were very inspirational, when they spoke.

When Ralph Crampton told his wife Alice you're going to the moon, nobody listened. When JFK said were going to the moon, we were all on board.

I believe America was a lot less divided back in the 60's, looking for real social change. The military industrial complex has been alive and well since WWII. Fear and money drives that industry very nicely.

Well actually Mike the 60's was the the time of the biggest social changes in the United States for a long time, Civil Rights, Flower Power, Protests against the Vietnam War etc., so no it was very divided during that time for quite a while but then the division was muffled, stifled, and co-opted and absorbed until it became ineffective and just another mainstream meme.
                        Last edited by Anagram; 02-20-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post

Well actually Mike the 60's was the the time of the biggest social changes in the United States for a long time, Civil Rights, Flower Power, Protests against the Vietnam War etc., so no it was very divided during that time for quite a while but then the division was muffled, stifled, and co-opted and absorbed until it became ineffective and just another mainstream meme.

I was wasn't born till the 60's, to young to remember the best of what came out of that era.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

I was wasn't born till the 60's, to young to remember the best of what came out of that era.

Well that's a great excuse. Neither was I there at the time but I know the history of that era.
                            Last edited by Anagram; 02-20-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X