Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peanut butter on hot dogs. Apparently a thing.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut butter on hot dogs. Apparently a thing.

Who knew? The article also mentions peanut butter on hamburgers as a thing. I guess I'm out of touch on culinary trends.

http://www.foodandwine.com/news/pean...t=2018021819PM
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

I remember a kid in junior high that ate peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. It grossed me out a bit. Made a girl at our table vomit though. Literally vomit....

We made him sit at another table if he had those sandwiches for lunch on any given day. We liked him, but we wanted girls at our table.

Comment

I don't mind peanut butter, but not on a hot dog or burger. That's just deeeeeeeeeeee-custing.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I actually like peanut butter. I don't eat a lot of it however. Won't touch a Reese's cup. The only things I'll mix with PB is Jam, jelly, or bananas.

Comment

I am very fond of peanut butter on pancakes and waffles. I started doing it in boot camp.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

While I've never tried peanut butter on either of those, pancakes or waffles...I'd be open to it.
            Odd...I made waffles this morning. I do melted butter and Hungry Man on 'em. The Lad...He only does butter. The Wife...She has a problem with waffles. period. Explains why she never grabs my ass anymore I guess.

Comment

• isaac42
              isaac42 commented
              Editing a comment
              I use the peanut butter in place of butter. Specifically, I put syrup on the bottom waffle, peanut butter on the botom of the top waffle, then more syrup on the top waffle. Sometimes I add cinnamon. It's too many calories, too many carbs, too much fat, but I love it. Once a week, max.

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
            I remember a kid in junior high that ate peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. It grossed me out a bit. Made a girl at our table vomit though. Literally vomit....

We made him sit at another table if he had those sandwiches for lunch on any given day. We liked him, but we wanted girls at our table.
            Man, peanut butter and mayo has got be one of the worst food combinations I've ever heard of like a lettuce and gummy bear rollup or something.

Comment

I used to eat peanut butter, but it plugs me up now.

When we were kids, we used to make banana sandwiches, by slicing the banana and putting mayo on the bread.
              Originally posted by MrKnobs
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

• AlamoJoe
                AlamoJoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok you're banned from the table too.

I’ve had a few chicken or beef Chinese and Thai dishes that had peanut butter in them...not bad but not my type of thing...but I don’t imagine peanut butter on a hot dog or hamburger being that much different. Whatever floats yer boat I guess
              Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

Working...
              X