Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Furnace Day

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Furnace Day

    The old one was like 30 years old.

    We get a big fat rebate with it too.

    Actually the old one didn't look that bad.

    Not mine, but it looks like this, kinda sorta.


    Just in time for some pretty cold weather tonight and especially on Friday.



    Not my wife either, but the ladies love staying warm in the winter.



    _____________________________________
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

    Join Date: Aug 2001
    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

  • #2
    Happy NFD!
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tuco View Post
      Happy NFD!



      _____________________________________
      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

      Join Date: Aug 2001
      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

      Comment


      • #4
        My cats have been f!@kered up all day, but there better now.
        They had 5 guys here through most of the day.

        Cian kitty was actually pretty good and he didn't want to be locked in on of the bedrooms. Kallie on the other hand is a chicken when it comes to folks coming in the house. She good with my dad and his gf, and my mother in law and sister in law. Not so good with strangers and she will hide in in between the bed covers. How she gets in between the covers I have no idea, but she smart and stays warm.



        I think everyone is calmed down now.

        _____________________________________
        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

        Join Date: Aug 2001
        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

        Comment


        • #5
          That looks like a boiler. Is that what you got? They make better heat than forced hot air IMHO. Too bad I don't have one.

          Gas or oil fired?
          Originally posted by MrKnobs
          God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
            That looks like a boiler. Is that what you got? They make better heat than forced hot air IMHO. Too bad I don't have one.

            Gas or oil fired?

            oil





            _____________________________________
            Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

            Join Date: Aug 2001
            Location: N. Adams, MA USA
            Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

            Comment


            • #7
              We've been in this house for twenty years. I think the furnace is the original from when the house was built, back in the early 60s.
              "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
              -- Bob Parks

              "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
              -- Oscar Wilde

              "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
              -- Oscar Wilde

              "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
              -- Theodore White

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                We've been in this house for twenty years. I think the furnace is the original from when the house was built, back in the early 60s.


                Mine was put in in the 80's. My dad had one put in in the 60's. Things don't last like the use too, I was told.



                They ain't cheap either. I got a 1900 dollar rebate, that I will be sending in. More efficient too , so I will hopefully use less oil.

                Actually the old one ran very well.






                _____________________________________
                Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                Join Date: Aug 2001
                Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                Comment


                • #9
                  Things native Texans have NEVER SEEN:

                  A Basement
                  An oil-burning furnace
                  A snow blower
                  Snow shoes
                  A sled

                  ....well, you get the idea.
                  This space left intentionally blank.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
                    Things native Texans have NEVER SEEN:

                    A Basement
                    An oil-burning furnace
                    A snow blower
                    Snow shoes
                    A sled

                    ....well, you get the idea.
                    I've never had a furnace either.
                    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My brother and his wife lived in Austin for a few years. They had a stove in the living room for heat. I think it was oil, but I don't recall for sure.

                      It also wasn't very effective, but most of the time it didn't need to be. But when we were there, if never got above freezing. The living room got up to comfortable with the heater running and a bunch of people in the room playing charades, but after the party, it cooled down fast. It seems that old houses in Austin don't have any insulation
                      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                      -- Bob Parks

                      "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                      -- Oscar Wilde

                      "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                      -- Oscar Wilde

                      "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                      -- Theodore White

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                        My brother and his wife lived in Austin for a few years. They had a stove in the living room for heat. I think it was oil, but I don't recall for sure.

                        It also wasn't very effective, but most of the time it didn't need to be. But when we were there, if never got above freezing. The living room got up to comfortable with the heater running and a bunch of people in the room playing charades, but after the party, it cooled down fast. It seems that old houses in Austin don't have any insulation
                        Probably not, nor did the old house in New England.

                        _____________________________________
                        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                        Join Date: Aug 2001
                        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tuco View Post

                          I've never had a furnace either.

                          Seriously.

                          Electric heat or and a fireplace I take it? IDK




                          _____________________________________
                          Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                          Join Date: Aug 2001
                          Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                          Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                            The old one was like 30 years old.

                            We get a big fat rebate with it too.

                            Actually the old one didn't look that bad.

                            Not mine, but it looks like this, kinda sorta.


                            Just in time for some pretty cold weather tonight and especially on Friday.



                            Not my wife either, but the ladies love staying warm in the winter.


                            Pic 1 looks like steampunk sculpture. Cool! I'm always amazed by these sculptures the HVAC plumbers create.

                            Pic 2. . . . . BOING!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by MrKnobs
                            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

                              Pic 1 looks like steampunk sculpture. Cool! I'm always amazed by these sculptures the HVAC plumbers create.

                              Pic 2. . . . . BOING!!!!!!

                              Ours looks similar, it's actually a kit they sell, but the company has a big trail and they can cut threads as needed..
                              _____________________________________
                              Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                              Join Date: Aug 2001
                              Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                              Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                              Comment













                              Working...
                              X