X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rite Aid has XmaX stuff already.

At least a week ago, maybe 2.
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
    The guitar is all very well John, but you'll never make a living out of it~ Aunt Mimi Lennon

Rite-Aid is evil.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

Rite Aid is awesome. Bring it on Christmas.

We're either gearing up for Christmas , celebrating Christmas , or winding down from Christmas.

Nothing goes better with Christmas like kitties.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

"The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
        -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
        -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
          lol

Comment

That is funny.

My grand mother was a department manager for a major retailer for like 40 years. We used to go see her often. I never remember them gearing up for Christmas till after Thanksgiving.

One time my wife were in the grocery store 2 days after Christmas and the had the Valentines Day candy out. We looked at each other were like wtf. Same candy different packaging I guess.

Now they gear up for Christmas like 3-4 months in advance, to try to pull the last almighty buck out of your paws.

The cool thing is my wife and I are all set for Christmas and we have not bought gifts for each other in a decade. We want it, need it we can go get it. We do buy crap for other of hand out cash.

What we do, is we have a major Christmas day pig out here at the house. We do the same at Thanksgiving. People ask me if they can bring anything and I say nope. Turkey on Thanksgiving with all the fixings, Grommet Prime Rib on Christmas with no expenses spared.

If you want to bring something, bring your appetite, and maybe some container for left overs.

My dad, his long time gf, my wife's mom ain't getting any younger. It's a pretty nice time.

My wife Birthday is in a day or so. She told me what she wants and I just need to order it. The damn neighbor already brought her a cake that would serve an army. She got the date wrong.

After Thanksgiving I do a very classic outside Christmas porch display. I've done it for the past 20 plus year, in 60 degree weather and in 20 degree weather. The wife helps too. It takes pretty much all day, however I have it all down to a science and have knocked a few hours off the set up time, over the years. We do get a real Christmas wreath for the big window and do inside stuff too.

Comment

Maybe they should be selling 4 month old turkeys.
              Hail Homer! Blessed is he among men and blessed is the fruit of his loins Bart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                That is funny.

My grand mother was a department manager for a major retailer for like 40 years. We used to go see her often. I never remember them gearing up for Christmas till after Thanksgiving.

One time my wife were in the grocery store 2 days after Christmas and the had the Valentines Day candy out. We looked at each other were like wtf. Same candy different packaging I guess.

Now they gear up for Christmas like 3-4 months in advance, to try to pull the last almighty buck out of your paws.

The cool thing is my wife and I are all set for Christmas and we have not bought gifts for each other in a decade. We want it, need it we can go get it. We do buy crap for other of hand out cash.

What we do, is we have a major Christmas day pig out here at the house. We do the same at Thanksgiving. People ask me if they can bring anything and I say nope. Turkey on Thanksgiving with all the fixings, Grommet Prime Rib on Christmas with no expenses spared.

If you want to bring something, bring your appetite, and maybe some container for left overs.

My dad, his long time gf, my wife's mom ain't getting any younger. It's a pretty nice time.

My wife Birthday is in a day or so. She told me what she wants and I just need to order it. The damn neighbor already brought her a cake that would serve an army. She got the date wrong.

After Thanksgiving I do a very classic outside Christmas porch display. I've done it for the past 20 plus year, in 60 degree weather and in 20 degree weather. The wife helps too. It takes pretty much all day, however I have it all down to a science and have knocked a few hours off the set up time, over the years. We do get a real Christmas wreath for the big window and do inside stuff too.
                Nor should they.
                -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
                  At least a week ago, maybe 2.
                  All the stores around here have that crap out already.
                  Originally posted by MrKnobs
                  God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                    Rite-Aid is evil.
                    CVS is evil, Rite Aid is getting there.
                    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                    The guitar is all very well John, but you'll never make a living out of it~ Aunt Mimi Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post

CVS is evil, Rite Aid is getting there.

I got my wife a birthday card at Rite Aid today.

I usually go to CVS, but parking was better at Rite Aid today.

CVS is our prescription drug plan provider. Super cheap prescriptions if and when we need it. It part of my healthcare package at work.

Comment

Next year they'll start putting the Xmas stuff out right after Labor day.
                        Originally posted by MrKnobs
                        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Working...
                        X