Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we play songs until we're sick of them?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we play songs until we're sick of them?

You find a song. Fall in love with it. Then play it to death. Then you're sick of it. Why do we do that? ?? ??
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Many times I've learned a song by ear and after listening to the same song 5 or 6 times I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I never like that song again.
      http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

The only song I ever played until I got sick of it is Clapton's "Cocaine." Back in the day, we'd get requests for it multiple times every set. Didn't want to disappoint or piss off the people, but didn't want to play it every other song, either. We generally ended up playing it three times a night, six nights a week. That was just too much.

Now, 40 years later, I'm cool with it, but people don't seem to want to hear it anymore.
        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
        -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
        -- Theodore White

Comment

• spacecommando
          spacecommando commented
          Editing a comment
          Really don't like that song.

• crustoleum
          crustoleum commented
          Editing a comment
          I could just play that all night , just that ....lol

• crustoleum
          crustoleum commented
          Editing a comment
          if thats what they want , thats what they will get lol

because , I like what was "made" by "others" , in the past ...oh yes I do .
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yclRjptWlW8

Comment

"they" don't make them like ^that^ no more

Comment

Originally posted by spacecommando View Post
            Many times I've learned a song by ear and after listening to the same song 5 or 6 times I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I never like that song again.
            Same here. I’m also pretty sure I’ve forever ruined more than a few songs for friends, family and neighbors too
            Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by braif View Post

Same here. I’m also pretty sure I’ve forever ruined more than a few songs for friends, family and neighbors too
              That's the way to do it.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

One thing about playing songs over and over...you can be daydreaming, drunk, or stoned out of your mind and still play it on auto-pilot well enough for people to like it.
                It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                  One thing about playing songs over and over...you can be daydreaming, drunk, or stoned out of your mind and still play it on auto-pilot well enough for people to like it.
                  That's true and I think many of us have done that quite a bit over the years.
                  Originally posted by MrKnobs
                  God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Working...
                  X