No announcement yet.

if you had to do a tribute band. which one

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you had to do a tribute band. which one

I know hundred dead and Neil young songs, but I think, if I was able to learn crazy Becket chords, steely dan

I'd probably pick The Rolling Stones or the Eagles. I wouldn't have to alter my look or clothes for an Eagles band,
    It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
      I'd probably pick The Rolling Stones or the Eagles. I wouldn't have to alter my look or clothes for an Eagles band,

I could away with Don Henley ( maybe), but I don't play the drums that well.

Looks wise I might be able to do Gary Louris of The Jay hawks.

I dig the Jayhawks a lot.

Last edited by Mikeo; 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Probably Hatebreed or Dimmu Borgir.

Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 10-27-2017, 05:22 PM.
        Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Booker T and the MGs...anything else I would feel was killing my creativity and stymying my musical soul...
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Neil, CSN&Y, Eagles & Stones were all my first choices. Dibs on guitar.
            http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

Pink Floyd, James Gang, Simon & Garfunkel, I could dig all that
              http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone View Post
                I know hundred dead and Neil young songs, but I think, if I was able to learn crazy Becket chords, steely dan
                You're living in the past, man
                It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

Comment

I personally know this guy, he a bit older than I am , but I graduated HS with is wife. He was playing in this band that was an original metal band, that wasn't getting the gigs. He formed and Ozzy side product back in the late 80's or early 90's and the tribute band took off through out New England.

I actually saw the band at the bar we used to hang at. He was pretty good. However I'm not really familiar with any of Ozzy's music. I think he did the Ozzy tribute thing for 20 plus years. I guess he did ok, and by ok I mean his wife had a decent job.

The last I heard he was looking to form a Bad Company tribute band. Don't know if it happened or not.

This vid is 8 years old now.

This one is 4 years old

Maybe true Ozzy fan would know if they are any good.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Zep ...yes ...no not Yes , but that might be OK also , but LZ has always been my most enjoyable guitar band ...oh yes they have. I have seen them play 2x and also individually and P&P also at the old Garden , The firm and with the black crows and Joe Perry too...Worcester Centrum JP one evening , RP the next ... I like JP and RP , a lot , actually . I saw SRV "open" for RP at Mansfield ...back in "the day" . I enjoyed that performance , quite a bit , actually ...RP too,and Alana Myles ...maybe I speld her name incorrectly , most likely . But yes , I did enjoy that one ...always

Comment

I like Seasick Steve , Blind Boy Fuller and Reverend Gary Davis , some , well all actually. I just like listening to them play As well as Mick Taylor , so I like the Rolling Stones an well as Santana, the Who too , well , I believe everyone likes them too. They might not like PT , maybe. I believe he is ok and wasn't really that way , maybe...well who knows .I think all of those English guys are well English ...maybe...ya, English ...I think , to me , that is a quite apt description...He is that way because he was born in England ...maybe...What do you think of PT , do ou believe he has a "problem" maybe ? I still like them though , but again, never saw them. They have played at the garden...acdc too, a few I kind of wish I had taken the time to see perform , and Ringo...If he comes to Boston again , I do believe I may attend...maybe. I believe I can get friends to go to...I have no auto now, still have a license, but no auto...I really don't need one to survive, everything is "here" , city life , everything , except Ringo ...lol soon ...maybe
                      Last edited by crustoleum; 10-27-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I also like Sublime and Green Day , as well as Slash , I think he is an ok guitar guy , a little and EVH too. I can't play like them though , maybe . I don't even try , except chords...Hey Mikeo , do you do "tap" and stuff ? Or use dropped tunings and stuff...7 string metal core noise ? ever "try " I need to practice more ...diversify maybe...is that the proper term ? Diversify ? I believe it is ... Vary the "genre" is that "proper" also ? maybe. What do you think ? Diversify the genre I attempt to perform...sounds impressive maybe ..lol

Comment

I need to diversify . I like EVH and metal core, "tapping" style, but can't really "play" that way. I need to practice. Hey Mikeo and everyone/anyone , do you perform EVH "tap style" or "dropped" tuning metal stuff...ever ? anyone ? ever ? I need to try to diversify the genre I attempt to perform , maybe...most likely What do you think ? Metal Crust ..hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone View Post
                            You would know "all the chords" ... not a bad thing to know , imho actually My hands and fingers don't bend like they used to , lol

Comment

Problem with cover bands, you can't go to GC and buy the signature larynx. With a tribute band, this might include other body parts. And then you come to Steely Dan. Their albums are so refined the tunes are the stars. Steely Dan can't cover 'em. Good stuff to know though. (ai dozent)
                              Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• Stonedtone
                                Stonedtone commented
                                Editing a comment
                                My steely Dan thing is a fantacy. I've never seen it. That would be a challenge. You'd have to have good gear

Working...
                            X